SOLVED

Using addHiddenFields forms not mapping to Marketo fields

Go to solution
benrmorrill4343
Level 1

Using addHiddenFields forms not mapping to Marketo fields

Hi All-

I created the custom script to allow our team to pull page meta data into a hidden field. It seems to work properly, and the values appear in the web console. However, I can't figure out why the fields are not populating in Marketo. The fields are mapped to Salesforce.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 10.18.16 AM.png

This screenshot shows the addHiddenFields script working and populating with the right page meta data values.

However, I am getting blanks when testing the form submits.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 10.20.22 AM.png

This was working in prior testing, but I was using Marketo fields not mapped to Salesforce. I wondering if that is causing the problem. I even changed the field names to match exactly to the API names.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 10.22.00 AM.png

The values also appear on the web form submission details page in the lead activity log.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 10.23.27 AM.png

I don't know what I am missing?!

Thanks,

Ben 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Using addHiddenFields forms not mapping to Marketo fields

Since you didn’t supply your code, impossible to say if it’s correct.

But a field being synced with SFDC or not makes no difference for its immediate updateability by Marketo. (Of course if SFDC blocks updates, the value won’t “stick” long term, but it will still be initially set.)

I suspect you’re using the wrong field names. Make sure you’re using the SOAP, not REST, field names.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Since you didn’t supply your code, impossible to say if it’s correct.

But a field being synced with SFDC or not makes no difference for its immediate updateability by Marketo. (Of course if SFDC blocks updates, the value won’t “stick” long term, but it will still be initially set.)

I suspect you’re using the wrong field names. Make sure you’re using the SOAP, not REST, field names.

benrmorrill4343
Level 1

Thanks, Sanford.

I was able to find the problem when exporting fields from Marketo. The SOAP API name appends an extra underscore! Once I copied that in my code, it fixed the problem!

REST API Name SOAP API Name
lastWpCategory__c lastWpCategory__c
lastWpTag__c lastWpTag__c
lastWpTitle__c lastWpTitle__c