Unsubscribe footer not included in sent emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsubscribe footer not included in sent emails

We just realized that our default unsubscribe footer with our contact information is not automatically being included on all of our outgoing emails.

They are not marked as Operational, and we can't seem to see any difference between the emails that included it and the emails that don't.

On reviewing our 'test' emails, it wasn't included in these instances - but we were focused on editing the body copy so didn't pick up on something that is supposed to be included by default!

Has anyone encountered this before?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unsubscribe footer not included in sent emails

That is a weird one. 

You've probably checked, but are you sure the default footer is populated in the Admin? 

The only thing I can think of is maybe it is not there and you were building it into some templates and not others, which would account for the differences you are seeing. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Justin,

Yes, the default footer is populated in the Admin section, with tokes to include the lead's email address and the unsubscribe page link. We can't seem to spot anything visibly different.

Stranger still, one of the initial tests we'd sent to ourselves of one of the emails included the footer (so we didn't pick up on anything being amiss), but on reviewing the subsequent ones, it seems that it wasn't included. This is incredibly frustrating and perplexing!

Thanks for your response.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear ya...reach out to support, they should be able to get it sorted out. 

Good luck!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Is the Admin footer text in White and your background is white? Try selecting over it.
Also check your footer in the template to see if there is something conflicting with the Admin html.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,
The admin foooter text is black, and samples of the template are just fine - it seems to be that something was overridden in select emails.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Courtney_McAra4
Level 4

Jess Collins​ - Curious if you ever figured this out?  

Elizabeth_Robic
Level 3

Hi Courtney,

I worked with Jess at the time (we're now at different companies) and we found out that there was conflicting HTML that removed the footer due to copying snippets of code directly into the email editor in a hurry. Thankfully, there was minimal fallout.

Since then, testing the unsubscribe link has been part of my campaign checklist. My rule of thumb, if it's not on the test, then it doesn't exist.