SOLVED

Twilio Webhook Adding an Extra +1 to Phone Numbers - Causing Server Error 400

Go to solution
Pkennedy
Level 1

Twilio Webhook Adding an Extra +1 to Phone Numbers - Causing Server Error 400

We are using a Twilio Webhook to launch our SMS messages to client lists from Marketo. I've included a screenshot of the error message and our webhook configuration below, but essentially, when the webhook is being called, it is somehow adding another +1 area code at the front of the number we're sending to. 

Does any one have any potential solution for this? 

I appreciate any help at all!! 

Marketo Twilio Webhook .jpgMarketo Webhook Failure Example.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Twilio Webhook Adding an Extra +1 to Phone Numbers - Causing Server Error 400

Hi there,

"%2B" is the code for a + sign. You can see %2B1 in the payload template right after the To= and before the token for the person's phone number. This is what's adding the extra +1 to the number.

Do all of your database records already have the +1 (or the appropriate country code) in the phone number field? I'd suggest removing the %2B1 from the webhook payload template but then it could possibly cause other issues if the SMS tool requires the country code and not everyone has one in their phone field. Maybe confirm what format of phone number the SMS tool requires?

Cheers,

Beth Massura

2022 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Twilio Webhook Adding an Extra +1 to Phone Numbers - Causing Server Error 400

Hi there,

"%2B" is the code for a + sign. You can see %2B1 in the payload template right after the To= and before the token for the person's phone number. This is what's adding the extra +1 to the number.

Do all of your database records already have the +1 (or the appropriate country code) in the phone number field? I'd suggest removing the %2B1 from the webhook payload template but then it could possibly cause other issues if the SMS tool requires the country code and not everyone has one in their phone field. Maybe confirm what format of phone number the SMS tool requires?

Cheers,

Beth Massura

2022 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion