Triggering emails based off whitepaper downloads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Triggering emails based off whitepaper downloads

I'd like to create a drip campaign where I send out an email promoting a new whitepaper with a link to a page on our site where they can fill out a form and download the whitepaper. If the lead clicks the link in the email and DOWNLOADS the whitepaper, I'd like to send them a follow up email 15 minutes after they downloaded it. Is this possible?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Triggering emails based off whitepaper downloads

Yes.  Create a campaign that is listening for the form fillout (this would be the trigger Fills out Form).  In the flow, the first action is WAIT for 15 minutes then the second step is SEND EMAIL 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How will I know that the person who downloaded the whitepaper came from the 1st email? Anyone will be able to access this page to download the whitepaper, I'd like this to be a follow up to people who received the 1st email.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you only want to follow up with people who received the 1st email you can use the Was Sent Email filter in the Smart List of the campaign. 

If you only want to follow up with people who clicked the link in the 1st email, you can use the Clicked Link in Email filter in the Smart List. If there are multiple links in the email you can use the  "Link" constraint to specify which link in the email.