SOLVED

Tracking Email Engagements

Go to solution
Deeps
Level 4

Tracking Email Engagements

Hi Team,

Need assistance with this:

We are tracking ungated asset engagements via email.

The email CTA directs to marketo landing page, which has ungated assets.

The issue here is I noticed ‘mkt_tok’ gets added to query string, I believe this is blocking people from qualifying in the program, I tried to uncheck ‘mkt_tok’ but it gets checked again.

Is there anything I should be doing to make this work.

Thanks,

Deepthi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Tracking Email Engagements

The issue here is I noticed ‘mkt_tok’ gets added to query string, I believe this is blocking people from qualifying in the program, I tried to uncheck ‘mkt_tok’ but it gets checked again.

That doesn’t make sense. mkt_tok is absolutely critical for end-to-end tracking (it’s how Munchkin sessions are associated after a click + redirect). In what way would mkt_tok be blocking anything?

You have to provide a lot more detail about how you’re qualifying people and what you even mean by “tracking” (clicks? pageviews?) the ungated asset.

You should not be directing people directly to a static asset. That’s just shooting yourself in the foot as the Munchkin session will not be associated.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Tracking Email Engagements

That doesn’t make sense. mkt_tok is absolutely critical for end-to-end tracking (it’s how Munchkin sessions are associated after a click + redirect). In what way would mkt_tok be blocking anything?

You have to provide a lot more detail about how you’re qualifying people and what you even mean by “tracking” (clicks? pageviews?) the ungated asset.

You should not be directing people directly to a static asset. That’s just shooting yourself in the foot as the Munchkin session will not be associated.