SOLVED

TOKEN: First name from form into email

Go to solution
Cailean
Level 1

TOKEN: First name from form into email

Hi,

Very new to the Marketo world and was hoping for a bit of feedback on my current challenge.
We have a Marketo form that is embedded in a Sitecore page.
When someone fills out the form an automatic email is generated with requested information.

I would like to have the first name showing in the email (eg Dear John) So the Dear is set in our HTML but would like to know what token to use to get the first name in my email.
Been trying to us {​{​lead.First Name:default=edit me}​}​ but I am not sure whether this is ok or not?
Form settings for first name:
Label: First name
Field: (Secondary) First Name

Also, do we need to add a delay between form filled and email sent?

Hope enough info was given, thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Abhinav_saini
Level 3

Re: TOKEN: First name from form into email

Hi,

Yes, you can use {{lead.First Name:default= }} and left default value blank or add you want to add if any (default value is something which will appear if field value is blank ). Same way you can use any field in emails and no delay is required for sending out trigged email post form submission. 

Abhinav Saini

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Abhinav_saini
Level 3

Hi,

Yes, you can use {{lead.First Name:default= }} and left default value blank or add you want to add if any (default value is something which will appear if field value is blank ). Same way you can use any field in emails and no delay is required for sending out trigged email post form submission. 

Abhinav Saini
Cailean
Level 1

Hi Saina,

Thanks so much for your prompt reply!

Sorry one more question about the "default" part of this token.
What triggers the token to use the default text vs first name from the form?

I am planning to use:     Dear {{lead.First Name:default=sir or madam}},

Regards,
Colin

Abhinav_saini
Level 3

Hi,

Default value would play part when field value (First name) is empty in data base. In this case whatever you have mentioned will appear instead of first name. ex as per mentioned by you ,"Dear Sir/Madam," will appear if first name is empty for below token. 

Dear {{lead.First Name:default=Sir/Madam}},

Abhinav Saini