SOLVED

Survey Monkey integration - anyway to clear Marketo Survey data?

Go to solution
Justin_Morris
Level 2

Survey Monkey integration - anyway to clear Marketo Survey data?

We are trying to set up a very complex triggered program from a SurveyMonkey survey. There are about 18 different emails a respondent could receive after completing the survey based upon how they answered. I have all of this set up but then realized it's nearly impossible to test because my record will have all of the answers stored in my record history. This will set off multiple triggers and the goal is that a respondent would only receive one. I know there are some workarounds like adding an activity date to the filters and using multiple emails. But given how detailed these programs are, I was wondering if there is anyway to simply clear a record's SurveyMonkey data? This would allow us to test this much easier. Or are any other ideas that anyone has that I may not be thinking of? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jackie_Potts
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Re: Survey Monkey integration - anyway to clear Marketo Survey data?

Could you try answering the surveys with test email addresses? If using a gmail address you can add info after the user name before the @. For example username+test061419a@gmail.com, username+test061419b@gmail.com. This would allow you to see results under each unique email address and then you can delete the tests once you are finished.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jackie_Potts
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Could you try answering the surveys with test email addresses? If using a gmail address you can add info after the user name before the @. For example username+test061419a@gmail.com, username+test061419b@gmail.com. This would allow you to see results under each unique email address and then you can delete the tests once you are finished.

Justin_Morris
Level 2

Thanks, Jackie! This actually helps. I can't really just answer the survey with a new email address. I tried that initially and it didn't work. But what I can do is create a new Gmail record in Marketo like you suggested and then send myself a test (including the personalized info for that record). Then I can just take the survey and the connector will send the info only to that record. And I will still get the triggered email to my gmail. Thanks for that!