SOLVED

Suppressing Contacts in One Active Campaign Smart List Pull from receiving other emails.

Go to solution
LCENTENO
Level 3

Suppressing Contacts in One Active Campaign Smart List Pull from receiving other emails.

Hello everyone,

This is my first time in this scenario, and although I played around with this, I am not sure what and if there is a strategy to accomplish this.

Scenario: We want to start a campaign to send an email (call it Email Alpha) to members 15 days after they come onboard. However, we want to suppress these members from getting this email if they received Email Beta in the past 45 days (housed in a separate program). 

Here is the issue. Right away I think to myself "Nurture Stream" the issue is that all our recurring emails are setup as programs using smart campaigns for setup and not as Nurture Streams. I tried to create a nurture stream, however, when I try to pull in the "Not in Engagement" Smart list filter, it only allows me to pull criteria from other Nurture Streams (which we have not utilized). 

The question is, what would be the best approach (if possible) to set this up using the programs with smart campaigns that we have already been using?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Suppressing Contacts in One Active Campaign Smart List Pull from receiving other emails.

First of all, did you mean was sent the beta email OR was delivered beta email in the past 45 days? Pl. note that the Sent and delivered are two very different things.

Well, you can just create a simple smart campaign and a smart list to pull this off. You can remove people from the Send Alpha Email campaign flow after 15 days of coming on board if they were sent (or delivered based on your requirement) beta email in the past 45 days via smart list membership (I know using smart list membership in the flow isn't the best, but given the SL logic isn't very complicated and fits your requirement you should be fine IMO). e.g., check this setup below:

Smart list filter to include people who were sent the beta email in the past 45 days (note that you can use the not was delivered email filter if that fits your requirement):

Darshil_Shah1_3-1686933188203.png

Campaign flow:

Darshil_Shah1_0-1686933510119.png

Choice step 1 in the Send alpha email flow step ensures that people who would have sent  (or delivered based on your requirement) beta email while they were in the wait step aren't sent alpha email. The logic of the smart list used in the campaign flow would be pretty straight fwd but let us know if you have questions regarding that as well. Hope this is helpful.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Suppressing Contacts in One Active Campaign Smart List Pull from receiving other emails.

First of all, did you mean was sent the beta email OR was delivered beta email in the past 45 days? Pl. note that the Sent and delivered are two very different things.

Well, you can just create a simple smart campaign and a smart list to pull this off. You can remove people from the Send Alpha Email campaign flow after 15 days of coming on board if they were sent (or delivered based on your requirement) beta email in the past 45 days via smart list membership (I know using smart list membership in the flow isn't the best, but given the SL logic isn't very complicated and fits your requirement you should be fine IMO). e.g., check this setup below:

Smart list filter to include people who were sent the beta email in the past 45 days (note that you can use the not was delivered email filter if that fits your requirement):

Darshil_Shah1_3-1686933188203.png

Campaign flow:

Darshil_Shah1_0-1686933510119.png

Choice step 1 in the Send alpha email flow step ensures that people who would have sent  (or delivered based on your requirement) beta email while they were in the wait step aren't sent alpha email. The logic of the smart list used in the campaign flow would be pretty straight fwd but let us know if you have questions regarding that as well. Hope this is helpful.

LCENTENO
Level 3

I knew the answer was there somewhere @Darshil_Shah1 . This sums it up perfectly. Thanks so much for the help. 🙂