SOLVED

Subscription management with mutiple business Unit

Go to solution
Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Subscription management with mutiple business Unit

Hello Everyone,

We are in Education Industry and we have several colleges that we market for. We wanted to manage the subscription for each college separately in a single instance of marketo. I'm trying to avoid creating separate field(s) for each college. Has some one setup something like his?

I have an idea to create separate program for each college and manage the subscription there but with that we have to make sure to have an exclusion criteria in each and every email being sent out of Marketo. I'm just trying to avoid that manual step.

Regards,

Amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Subscription management with mutiple business Unit

Hi Amit,

Whether you use multiple fields or one, unique (potentially multi valued) field, you cannot avoid managing the subscriptions in each program and smart campaign. You would need this (Please vote):

I would simply go with the following approach:

• Create a multi-valued field that can will contain as many values as needed (potentially one value for each college. You might to have 1 code for each college rather than the full names of colleges)
  • Create a proxy boolean field that you display on forms
  • Have some form level JS to manage the values of the multi valued field and the prefill of the boolean field
  • Create some smart lists, one for each college, to select the subscribed people
  • Instruct your users to always use these smart lists

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Amit,

Whether you use multiple fields or one, unique (potentially multi valued) field, you cannot avoid managing the subscriptions in each program and smart campaign. You would need this (Please vote):

I would simply go with the following approach:

• Create a multi-valued field that can will contain as many values as needed (potentially one value for each college. You might to have 1 code for each college rather than the full names of colleges)
  • Create a proxy boolean field that you display on forms
  • Have some form level JS to manage the values of the multi valued field and the prefill of the boolean field
  • Create some smart lists, one for each college, to select the subscribed people
  • Instruct your users to always use these smart lists

-Greg

Amit_Jain

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your input. I have voted for that idea!!

I'll test and see if the suggested solution would work in my case

I was actually also thinking to use lead partition and workspace for each college. It will not only help me manage the preferences but also help to manage the lead scoring, lead life cycle and nurturing etc separately and effectively. But at the same time, I'm a little bit nervous because it will bring some other challenges like managing duplicate records in each partition and syncing them with SFDC etc. What is your opinion on that?

Thank you so very much again for your help

Regards,

Amit

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

The difficulty with managing colleges through partitions is if you run in a situation where a same person can opt-in for more that one college, since a same person can only be in 1 partition.

But in this case, there is a workaround that is to use a custom deduplication rule (that can be activated by Support) which criteria would be email address+college, rather than simply email address.

At the end of the day, it really depends on the business rules you have to comply to.

-Greg

Amit_Jain

Thanks Greg.

The approach that you suggested is fit to my requirement. I'm going to add a multi-select pick list type field in SFDC on Lead and Contact. It will make it easy for sales persons as well to see what a student has subscribed for and even they can easily update the preferences if needed.

Thanks again for your help!!

Regards,

Amit