SOLVED

Storing values against a Profile level field in multiple workspace.

Go to solution
Senthilkumar-S
Level 1

Storing values against a Profile level field in multiple workspace.

Hi There,

Please assist with my query.

I know that in Marketo, we can store values under one workspace for a profile. I want to store similar information against another workspace for the same profile which exists in a different workspace. Is this possible? 

To elaborate more, here is the scenario. 

Say Person 1 belongs to Workspace India during creation with India stored as a Marketing area. After qualifying the person record, the Workspace has to be changed to Australia. If we make the update on the marketing area value from India to Australia, it will appear only in the Australia Workspace. But I want to maintain the same value Marketing area as India in India workspace and Australia in Australia workspace against the same Person record. 

Please suggest how to achieve a solution for this query.

Regards,

Senthilkumar.S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Storing values against a Profile level field in multiple workspace.

First up, let's correctly understand the terminologies at play here, Person data is stored in Partitions (and not Workspaces), whereas marketing assets are housed in workspaces and they reference the person data from the partitions they have access to. Check out the product documentation on Marketo Workspaces and Partitions here. Additionally, a person can only exist in a single-person partition, you cannot share the same person record across multiple-person partitions. The workaround to this is to have duplicate person records in both the person partitions and keep them in sync, however, this is more difficult than it sounds when done at scale. If you want to implement custom sync rules, you can reach out to Marketo support to update your de-dupe rules so both the email address and person's partition id are taken into consideration for de-duplication.

Furthermore, when a person partition is shared between multiple workspaces, all the marketing assets (smart list, campaign, etc.) can access the person records in it, which is what you need I think (but let me know if not). I'd highly recommend you check the documentation on person partition and workspaces and understand its dynamics clearly before going into the rabbit hole of purposeful duplicates/setting custom deb-dupe rules.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Storing values against a Profile level field in multiple workspace.

First up, let's correctly understand the terminologies at play here, Person data is stored in Partitions (and not Workspaces), whereas marketing assets are housed in workspaces and they reference the person data from the partitions they have access to. Check out the product documentation on Marketo Workspaces and Partitions here. Additionally, a person can only exist in a single-person partition, you cannot share the same person record across multiple-person partitions. The workaround to this is to have duplicate person records in both the person partitions and keep them in sync, however, this is more difficult than it sounds when done at scale. If you want to implement custom sync rules, you can reach out to Marketo support to update your de-dupe rules so both the email address and person's partition id are taken into consideration for de-duplication.

Furthermore, when a person partition is shared between multiple workspaces, all the marketing assets (smart list, campaign, etc.) can access the person records in it, which is what you need I think (but let me know if not). I'd highly recommend you check the documentation on person partition and workspaces and understand its dynamics clearly before going into the rabbit hole of purposeful duplicates/setting custom deb-dupe rules.