SOLVED

Re: Single Form - Many Thank You Pages

Go to solution
Alex_Peterson
Level 2

Single Form - Many Thank You Pages

Hello,

I'm wondering how other people do this. I'd like to have a single form for asset downloads that routes to a thank you page related to the asset (planning to use a token for the download link, related assets, page name, etc). Is this possible with Forms 2.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Alex,

Will this form be on a single landing page or on different pages? If it is on multiple landing pages, you choose a different thank you page within the form area of the landing page where the form is hosted. Also, you cab route to different landing pages based on rules set using the Add Choice/Advanced Thank you Page functionality within the form settings.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Alex,

Will this form be on a single landing page or on different pages? If it is on multiple landing pages, you choose a different thank you page within the form area of the landing page where the form is hosted. Also, you cab route to different landing pages based on rules set using the Add Choice/Advanced Thank you Page functionality within the form settings.

pastedImage_0.png

Alex_Peterson
Level 2

Thanks Trevor. The form will be on multiple landing pages, but we are running LPs on Adobe AEM. It looks like the TY page setting based on address should work. Thank you.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If the Thank You pages have a predictable URL structure (i.e. based on the LP URL and/or other characteristics/variables on the LP), then I'd do this using the Forms JS API (set the follow-up URL in onSuccess).

It'd be "set and forget" and you wouldn't have to go into the Form Editor repeatedly.

Alex_Peterson
Level 2

Oh I was thinking address was the URL, but this is just referencing the form fields? Is there a way to choose a TY page based on URL?

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Alex,

Another option would be to use a querystring for each landing page to identify which thank-you page people should receive. The form could then capture the unique value for each page and route to the appropriate thank-you page.

Example:

---Links with query strings---

www.landingpage.com/lp1?lp=1

www.landingpage.com/lp2?lp=2

www.landingpage.com/lp3?lp=3

---Form settings---

Autofill a hidden field with the query string value

pastedImage_3.png

Route to appropriate landing page based on that value

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

This is very easy in JS.

If you have a consistent naming convention so the Thank You URL, for example, is always the path to the current page, plus the string "_ty", under the domain pages.example.com then:

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form)

form.onSuccess(function(vals){

var thankYouURL = document.createElement('a');

thankYouURL.href = document.location.href;

thankYouURL.hostname = "pages.example.com";

thankYouURL.pathname += "_ty";

document.location = thankYouURL;

return false;

});

});

If the Thank You URL is based on fields from the form, in this example an assetDownload field:

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form)

form.onSuccess(function(vals){

var thankYouURL = document.createElement('a');

thankYouURL.href = "http://pages.example.com/globalthankyou.html";

thankYouURL.search = "asset=" + vals.assetDownload;

document.location = thankYouURL;

return false;

});

});

Naturally an infinite number of configurations are possible. I try to stay away from choices in Form Editor unless the choices are completely unrelated to form content.

Jessica_Phillip
Level 1

I'm not familiar with query strings. If I have 4 different url landing pages (non-marketo) that I want to use the same form on, returning 4 different thank you confirmation pages, can I use the url itself to differentiate? I'm not following the query string part of the response...

SanfordWhiteman

If you want to use the URL (and not query parameters in the URL) then you have to save that full URL in its own field (a String field called LastFormSubmissionURL, for example). And to add that field to the form requires a little JavaScript.  Then you can use Add Choice in Form Editor to choose different TY pages.  If you don't have the field on the form, you can't use Add Choice on it.

If you have further questions please open a new thread instead of using this old one. You can refer back to this thread for background.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

The query string is the part highlighted below:

pastedImage_0.png

You could simply add values like these to your existing links then map the value after the "=" sign to a hidden field on your form. Then route to different landing pages based on the value being 1, 2, or 3 in the example above.

Does that make sense?