Re: Sending Marketo Sales Insight Email via Salesforce Lightning

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Sending Marketo Sales Insight Email via Salesforce Lightning

Has the process for being able to send Marketo Emails through Salesforce changed with Lightning? Is it true that MSI emails are not supported via Lightning at this time?

What is everyone doing to work around this?

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Not true. You can still send individual emails. However, in Classic you could send up to 200 emails at a time from the List view: that doesn't work with Sales Insight on Lightning. See the list of limitations on the bottom of this page: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Salesforce+Lightning+Experience#SalesforceLightningExpe...

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Jep, you're right. But I feel like the power of the email send function through MSI was absolutely in the bulk actions capabilities, and myself and others have had a hard time finding workarounds to find solutions to the lack of support for bulk actions in SFDC Lightning. 

Our team's solution was to essentially build a custom object that iFrames in SFDC classic list view without actually switching the user to SFDC Classic. From there, it all pretty much works the same. Not a great solution, but without native support and asking users to manually switch back and forth between classic and lightning (which we have disabled), this was a way to keep them in a mostly-lightning experience but re-enable bulk send. I wasn't involved in the build as I'm not the SFDC Admin, but that was our approach conceptually!

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Chris Wilcox Yes, it is disappointing that this feature doesn't work in Sales Insight. I do believe it's also possible to create a JavaScript button on the Lightning List view, but honestly I don't have that working myself yet. After I left Marketo I have been working on a customizable solution for "Sales Insight"-like features, but then more flexible and fully Lightning compatible. A lot of Marketo customers are struggling with the standard Sales Insight, and it's really hard and often impossible to customize it. My goal is to provide a good solution to those customers. 

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Hey Jep, 

Feel the exact same way, haha.  I will have to look into the Javascript button in Lightning but so far we haven't had much luck either, which is why we went the iFrame route. 

If you find any breakthrough be sure to share with the community! lol

Thanks again,

Chris

Reed_Carlstrom1
Level 1

Hey Chris,

Do you happen to know if there is a way to send a test email when doing a MSI bulk send and not have it send one sample for each record selected? 

Sorry if this should be done in a different manner as not directly related to this topic.

Thanks for your time and help!

Best,

Reed

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

This is yet another recent Marketo disappointment, this is a key functionality and Marketo failed to keep the product up to date. It's been years since Lihghtining was released, everyone knew about the issues coming in advance and nothing has beed done apart from offering a paid add on. AnneMarie Coveli

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Hi Diego,

It is my understanding that the limitation was originally on the SFDC side of the equation in that Lightning did not support the bulk actions method used by MSI. Several months ago a change was made to SFDC Lightning and I think it supports bulk actions now, but MSI hasn't been updated. I don't blame Marketo for the initial issue since the feature was only semi-recently re-enabled (I think), but I completely agree it's a huge disappointment to lose that key functionality. 

Thanks,

Chris

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

I undestand, you do not control third party software, what you do control is your phone, if a massive part of the equation makes a change you lift your phone, call  and find a solution or find an alternative, but even the MSI Outlook plugin is out of date.

Ambika_Shetty
Marketo Employee

Hi Malik, 

1. MSI supports sending single and group email (upto 200 emails due to Salesforce email limit) in SFDC Classic

2. MSI supports sending single emails in SFDC Lightning

3. In 2019 Q4, we will release an MSI update to support group emails in Salesforce Lightning. 

The product team would love to learn more about how you use MSI today. Please let me know if you'd be interested in giving some product feedback over a quick 30-minute meeting.