SOLVED

Select form field

Go to solution
LeaCharnley
Level 2

Select form field

Hi

I have added a select field to my form, and I created a custom field in the database to record the information to.

The selection is for the customer to choose a session date/time for an event.

I want the recorded info to be passed via a token to an alert email and a thank you for registering email. 

The database field type is text, but the selection isn't recording in the database, and therefore not being passed to the emails.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Here is the form link: https://visit.altro.com/adhesive-free-roadshow.html

Thanks

Lea Charnley
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Select form field

@LeaCharnley , did you approve the LP after approving the form? This is required if the form is added via the Form Element on the Marketo landing page.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
SaurabhGoyal_GN
Level 4

@LeaCharnley - 

Nobody will be able to access the given link untill and unless they are a user of the account. 

Do you have a LP or webpage where the same form is hosted? If yes please share the URL. 

Otherwise it would be great if you can check display values and stored values and may be you can share the screenshot here. 

LeaCharnley
Level 2

Sorry - of course! It's here. https://visit.altro.com/adhesive-free-roadshow.html

The display/server values look like this:

Tuesday 23 April - Kennedy Flooring - 08:30-11:00|Tuesday 23 April - Kennedy Flooring - 08:30-11:00
Wednesday 24 April - Kennedy Flooring - 08:30-11:00|Wednesday 24 April - Kennedy Flooring - 08:30-11:00
Thursday 25 April - Flanagan Flooring Distributors - 08:00-10:00|Thursday 25 April - Flanagan Flooring Distributors - 08:00-10:00

Lea Charnley
Darshil_Shah1

We can't access the Marketo form link as we don't have access to your Marketo instance. Can you share the URL of the webpage where you've deployed your form? Also, are you able to see the data submitted against the field in the Filled out Form activity (i.e., when you expand the activity in person Activity Log)?) Lastly, why are you using a text field to record date-time data? Marketo supports fields with datetime datatype, and you'd be able to use the DateTime operators filters, flow conditions, etc., which you'd not be able to for a text field.

LeaCharnley
Level 2

I've updated the link.

I'm not recording it as a date:time selection, as there is venue location included, which is why I chose text. I am not seeing the data being recorded in the Filled out form activity.

Lea Charnley
SaurabhGoyal_GN
Level 4

@LeaCharnley - I had a look on the URL you shared. By inspecting I can see one issue, In dropdown values, in this option "Tuesday 23 April - Kennedy Flooring - 08:30-11:00" there is no store value. Please have a look o the screenshot given below. Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 7.38.49 PM.png

If you will submit the form by selecting other options from dropdown then you should get values in your marketo database. 

SaurabhGoyal_GN
Level 4

@LeaCharnley - Also, I see that none of the field is required on the form. Please mark the needed fields as required including "appointmentDateAndTime".

LeaCharnley
Level 2

I had updated the form, but not published the landing page. 

I have done so, but it is still not recording the information in the database.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 143824.jpg

Lea Charnley
Darshil_Shah1

Marketo automatically adds the missing stored value as soon as the Edit field values dialog box is closed, so even if the user hasn't added a stored value, Marketo would add it from its end (including the pipe '|' symbol that separates the display and stored values; with no value provided, the stored value would be the same as the display value). @LeaCharnley, I can see that the payload has the field data for the save2 network call:

Darshil_Shah1_0-1710341608687.png

Do you still not see the Appointment Date and Time data in the filled-out form activity? Or alternatively, are you able to share the snapshot of the Filled Out Form activity from the person's Activity Log so we can have a look?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please show the Filled Out Form details for the following lead in your database

teknkl+test0001@email.invalid

The field was posted as expected for that lead (i.e. the data went on the wire to Marketo).