SOLVED

Re: Select form field

Go to solution
LeaCharnley
Level 2

Hi @SanfordWhiteman 

Here is the activity - you can see that the appointmentDateAndTime has no data against itScreenshot 2024-03-19 093503.jpg

Lea Charnley
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@LeaCharnley ,

really obvious question (mostly prompted by the order of operations you've described).

@LeaCharnley wrote:

I have added a select field to my form, and I created a custom field in the database to record the information to.

Is the select field set to put it's data into the custom field.  I only ask because if you added the select field and then added the custom field, you'd have had to go back and redo the select field. 

If that's just the way you wrote it as opposed to the way you did it, it's still worth confirming that the field you think the data is going into is in fact the correct field.

I agree with @SanfordWhiteman, let's see the form fill details for the lead email he supplied.

Cheers

Jo

LeaCharnley
Level 2

@Jo_Pitts1 - I have attached the filled out form activity to Sandford's message.

Lea Charnley
LeaCharnley
Level 2

@Jo_Pitts1 @SanfordWhiteman @Darshil_Shah1 @SaurabhGoyal_GN 

Hi all

I thought I'd try writing my responses to the mkto_CommentCapture field as I have some pressure to get this live. It gets somewhat weird here, my logic defines that what is happening, should not be.

I changed the field in the form from the appointmentDateAndTime to mkto_CommentCapture with all the same options on the select field type. 

The responses are not being posted to the mkto_CommentCapture field, but to the appointmentDatAndTime field, even though that is not what is now in the form. 

It takes a lot to baffle me, but I have no clue why or how this is working!

Lea Charnley
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, this is weird. Did you approve the landing page after approving the form (if you added the form via the form element on the LP)? I, too have faced some issues where the obvious thing, like the visibility rule, won’t work as configured. Creating a new form from scratch worked for me. Could you try that and see if that does the trick for you, too? I’d also advise you to raise a support ticket detailing the issue you're seeing with your existing form along with relevant snapshots.

LeaCharnley
Level 2

Hi @Darshil_Shah1 

Yes, I've got an ongoing support ticket live, and have just sent them the same update as I've sent you. I think I'm happy to leave it live as it is now working. But hopefully, they will come back to me with some form of explanation.

Lea Charnley
SaurabhGoyal_GN
Level 4

@LeaCharnley - 

I noticed that the "mkto_CommentCapture" field is not visible on the form located at this URL: https://visit.altro.com/adhesive-free-roadshow.html.

I agree with @Darshil_Shah1's suggestion to create a new form and a new landing page. If the issue persists, you can raise a ticket with Marketo support.

LeaCharnley
Level 2

That is very odd. If I open a preview or draft of the form it shows the mkto_CommentCapture field, but if I open the landing page it shows the appointmentDateAndTime field. Very strange indeed!

Lea Charnley
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@LeaCharnley , did you approve the LP after approving the form? This is required if the form is added via the Form Element on the Marketo landing page.

LeaCharnley
Level 2

Hi Sandford

Yes, I built and approved the form before I even started building the LP.

Lea Charnley