Re: Sample / Test Emails Not Sending

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Sample / Test Emails Not Sending

Anyone else not receiving sample/test emails?

I've tried sending a number of them to at least three email addresses I have (inside and outside the company) and haven't received anything. Before submitting a ticket, I wanted to see if I was the only one.

37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just noticed the same thing today. None of my test emails were sent.

Also tried to send a sample email using a campaign, it didn't go through either.

Didn't have this problem earlier in the week.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My email flow just came through. Took about 20 mins, but it worked when sent from a campaign.

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I actually sent a bunch of sample emails to myself yesterday without issue. However this morning, I received a couple duplicate sample emails from yesterday. As if they were send again after midnight PST.

Just tested now and I did not receive a sample email either.

Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

They have provided this statement on their support page:

2017-05-17_15-47-47.jpg

We just tried the Flow Action send, and it is not working either. The emails have been 'sent' but nothing delivered.

2017-05-17_15-58-33.jpg

They should notify customers via email when system-impairing issues occur. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jenn DiMaria, Andrew Sielen​,Devraj Grewal​, Ayan Talukdar​:

I spoke with support at 3:57PM EDT today, it is still down and a P1 case for them. They also confirmed that even sending the email through a Smart Campaign to yourself (like a sample, but not right clicking and hitting send sample) is also experiencing the same issue and we tested this in my instance.

Dave_Cunningham
Level 4

This is interesting. We had an entire campaign not send yesterday and give us this error (for each lead) which I have never seen before. Still troubleshooting.

3002 An unknown error has occurred and this email was not sent.

Dave_Cunningham
Level 4

This was due to the issue with emails not sending.

Diane_Schmid
Level 3

So does this mean that if you have a smart campaign set up in a default program that it will not run?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Diane Schmid​,

I just received another update from Marketo Support.

There is a backlog in the batch queue, so any batch emails are delayed. Support does not have a patch resolution yet, but the queue is reducing. I have tested this myself and am seeing about a 20-30 minute delay for a one-off email to myself.

Additionally, the Send Sample functionality is still an "all hands" issue and a resolution time frame has not been identified yet.

Hopefully this helps you guys.

Thanks,

Carley Donovan