Re: Salesforce Custom Object Error Message

Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

Salesforce Custom Object Error Message

We recently created a new SFDC custom object that maps our leads/contacts to their product trial user account information. I've had success with Salesforce custom objects in the past, but this time around I'm receiving an error that the object was modified in CRM since the sync was last enabled. See below:

sfdc error2.png

Please note: nobody is is modifying this custom object in SFDC so this error is completely unwarranted. 

Now, I've tried a number of ways to troubleshoot - I've refreshed schema, disabled and enabled sync (multiple times), logged in and out of Marketo - and nothing seems to work. I've also submitted a support ticket but Marketo Support doesn't have any explanation as of yet.

Anyone have any theories or past experiences they can share to help me solve this issue? Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Just a theory - possibly a glitch related to the latest release : Release Notes: October 2015 - Marketo Docs - Product Docs "You now can add new fields to your custom object sync without disabling and enabling your entire custom object." Did Support escalate the ticket?

Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

Hey Alex - yes it was resolved. Turns out we had a conflicting custom object that was not allowing the other fields to sync.

Thanks for your input!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aubrey, what was the actual conflict?  Was it that the custom objects had the same name?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am too facing the same issue, can you share what was the solution for this error message, how to resolve the conflicting custom object issue.

is it something to do in SFDC or in Marketo.. how could this be resolved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got this resolved, it was the naming issue

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Aubrey,

If this is a new custom object, you'll probably need to make sure the custom object and its fields are synced over, then refresh the schema from inside Marketo. Here's the documentation for that: Enable/Disable Custom Object Sync - Marketo Docs - Product Docs