Re: RSVP Yes or No CheckBox Help

Anonymous
Not applicable

RSVP Yes or No CheckBox Help

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to know if the forms have the ability to do yes or no RSVP checkboxes and also recognize who replied yes or no. I'd like to create that type of RSVP option and then send a reminder to those who have not yet RSVPd a couple days before the event.

Any suggestions on how to approach this?

Thank you!

32 REPLIES 32
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sure, you can wire up a form field of the Radio Buttons type to a lead field like LastEventRSVP.  Two choices ("I will attend"/"I will not attend").  Trigger campaign that changes Program Status.

This isn't necessarily the way that I'd do it, but if you want a quick-and-dirty solution and you're not concerned about someone simultaneously RSVPing for more than one future event, this will work for you.

(If I were doing it, I'd likely set up a synthetic form and register the link clicks only.  This is more scalable because you don't need to deal with new field/s -- you can Change Program Status based directly on the click. Similarly, you could use two different email links, though this is not technically a form.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

Thank you for your help. I'm pretty new to Marketo so not sure I fully understand what you mean. I couldn't find the option for a defaul RSVP check box  so I tried to customize the form from "opinion of our company" to RSVP checkboxes. (see below for picture). Do you suggest that I create a separate trigger that changes the program status once they have filled out the form (it will recognize the yes or no answer?)

pastedImage_0.png

SanfordWhiteman

I couldn't find the option for a defaul RSVP check box

There's no such thing as an "RSVP checkbox" as a preset field type.  There are form field types like checkboxes (however, what you should use here are 2 radio buttons, not checkboxes, since radios represent Yes/No as opposed to Yes/nothing). That's what's shown in the browser. Then there are the lead fields that those form fields will update in your Marketo database.  What you do (among other things) when you create a form is map form fields to lead fields.

If you create a lead field (in Marketo Admin) to hold the latest RSVP result, like LastEventRSVP then you can map a form field to it.

Your trigger campaign can look for a combo Filled Out Form + Web Page contains <the URL of a webinar-specific page>. or Querystring contains... etc.  A form fillout on /webinar-2016-03-15.html and LastEventRSVP = 'yes' means you can change Program Status accordingly.  A form fillout on /webinar-2016-04-01.html and LastEventRSVP = 'no' can change PS in another program.  And so on.

The more flexible approaches that I was mentioning allow you to trigger on Clicked Link or Clicked Email activities, which can have arbitrary values that don't map to a custom lead field.  However, if you want to use a standard form with no customization, those other approaches are out of reach for now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked up how to create a radio button and it looks like it is a setting within Admin. I still do not see an option to create a radio button. It says in the tutorial that you if you create a custom field that it will destroy values in the field, which I'm not exactly sure what that means in terms of creating it for just one event.

pastedImage_3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

So I found the options for radio buttons however when I go to add to my form and try to test it..it does not give me an option to select anything (no check box or clickable text).This is the only pop up I get.

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is an additional picture. When I look at the landing page where the form is created and try to register the radio buttons are not next to the text.

pastedImage_0.png

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That's how we've done it - we have a separate program template just for RSVP-type of events:

pastedImage_2.png

No forms needed at all - everything is triggered based on click behavior and is fully token-based.  The only downside is that this specific workflow only works when you're working with a known group of leads (no new lead acquisition) that are sent an email, asking them to RSVP for the event.  Here's the smart campaign that changes the program status to "RSVP - Accept" when someone clicks on the "Accept" button in the landing page:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the landing page URLs are added to the buttons of "attend" and "decline" and when someone clicks that then the trigger campaign alerts to send the email of thank you for your rsvp/sorry we will miss you?

My team is creating a list from salesforce which I will use, this wouldn't be considered new lead aquisition then correct?

For the "manually import" smart campaign, what is entailed with that?

SanfordWhiteman

So the landing page URLs are added to the buttons of "attend" and "decline"

The Thank You page URLs (which are indeed Marketo LPs, but you aren't "landing" on them per se).

My team is creating a list from salesforce which I will use, this wouldn't be considered new lead aquisition then correct?

If you look at Dan's page (and your form idea as well) there's no email address being entered.  In his case, there isn't a form, either.  So in both cases the lead needs to have an associated Munchkin (web) session when they click the link/button/whatever.