Recommendations for SMS (Text Messaging) App Sought

DeniseGreenberg
Level 4

Recommendations for SMS (Text Messaging) App Sought

I have a client who wants to send text messages from Marketo. I see that Marketo incorporated Vibes as an add-on product. Has anyone used it? Do you recommend it? Are there 3rd party apps you prefer? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

6 REPLIES 6
AWmindtree
Level 4

Re: Recommendations for SMS (Text Messaging) App Sought

Hi @DeniseGreenberg 

I have experienced Vibes with Marketo and it is pretty simple integration and use of a SMS tool. Have also used Sinch connected via Webhook to Marketo. Sinch was much more customizable on a global level of Marketing. Vibes didn't allow much customizations.
There are other tools as well that can connected to Marketo via Webhook like Twillio. I would say, you should analyze them based on the level of customizations, cost and overall deliverability. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Region is also a major factor. It’s kind of impossible to answer without knowing which region(s) you’re going to be contacting and in some cases you may use multiple providers, each best for their region.

DeniseGreenberg
Level 4

Hi @SanfordWhiteman - This would be for the United States only. I assume when you referred to regions you meant globally. Based on that, do you have a recommendation?

emaugustine21
Level 1

Hi @SanfordWhiteman , would you have any recommendations for APJ - mainly, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, India

DeniseGreenberg
Level 4

Hi @AWmindtree - Thanks for your reply. I didn't think to specify that this is for the United States only. I think it's a fairly simple use case, following up with people who have registered for a webinar as a means of "nurturing" them afterwards. In case it makes a difference to your recommendation, this is a B2C play.

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

Vibes tool is simple and easy to setup.

Here are a few more:

Twilio, Intercom, SMS global, Zapier, TrueDialog, Salesmsg, Privy