SOLVED

"Schedule repeats on the second Thursday of every month" turns into "Schedule repeats on the day after the second Thursday of every month"

Go to solution
KevinTruong
Level 2

"Schedule repeats on the second Thursday of every month" turns into "Schedule repeats on the day after the second Thursday of every month"

Hi all

Has anyone else experienced this issue? We have monthly campaigns that are set to repeat on the second Thursday of every month. After a few runs, they then change themselves to "Schedule repeats on the day after the second Thursday of every month" ie the second Friday of the month.

Example from an affected campaign. Here is the recurrence we set starting in December:

KevinTruong_0-1710717821227.png

It worked as expected for a few months, then in February it ran twice on both the second Thursday and Friday, then in March it only ran on the Friday:

KevinTruong_5-1710718074606.png

Now the schedule tab shows as below:

KevinTruong_4-1710717944558.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: "Schedule repeats on the second Thursday of every month" turns into "Schedule repeats on the day after the second Thursday of every month"

Unless someone modified the Campaign's Schedule outside of your knowledge, this could be a bug, as I haven't noticed this happening with my existing live campaigns, i.e., the Schedule getting changed on its own. Ideally, the Schedule tab should say, "Repeats on the second Thursday of every month" based on the configuration you have shared in the Schedule Recurrence snapshot. You'd want to check the Audit Trail in Marketo Admin. Consider adding the asset type, name, date range, and action (i.e., Modify Campaign Schedule) so you don't have to sift through a lot of items in the log unnecessarily.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
uditmathur
Level 4

Re: "Schedule repeats on the second Thursday of every month" turns into "Schedule repeats on the day after the second Thursday of every month"

Hi,

Try checking on the Audit trail if someone  has changed the cadence of your program.

Darshil_Shah1

Unless someone modified the Campaign's Schedule outside of your knowledge, this could be a bug, as I haven't noticed this happening with my existing live campaigns, i.e., the Schedule getting changed on its own. Ideally, the Schedule tab should say, "Repeats on the second Thursday of every month" based on the configuration you have shared in the Schedule Recurrence snapshot. You'd want to check the Audit Trail in Marketo Admin. Consider adding the asset type, name, date range, and action (i.e., Modify Campaign Schedule) so you don't have to sift through a lot of items in the log unnecessarily.

KevinTruong
Level 2

Thanks @Darshil_Shah1 The campaign still shows last modified by me on the date I pushed it live, so I don't have a reason to think someone else made a change. I suspected it might be a bug especially given you can't set the recurrence to say "the day after the second Thursday of every month", it would have to be "the second Friday of every month". I'll log a ticket, thanks.

Darshil_Shah1

Glad to be of help, @KevinTruong! Please let us know what support comes back with; that would be really helpful for the users who come to this thread looking for the same issue. 🙂 

KevinTruong
Level 2

@Darshil_Shah1  Updating with what Adobe support have found: 

The issue appears to be related to time zones. I'm in Australia which is a day ahead of the US. When US daylight savings time recently started, something in how Marketo calculates time zones caused this shift from "the second Thursday" to "the day after the second Thursday". Other tickets have reported this too but because this involves the core code of Marketo, the fix is to manually reset the cadence of affected campaigns. 

Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi @KevinTruong 

I noticed last autumn/fall when the US clocks and European clock changes going back an hour were two weekends apart, this again happened in March - 2 week difference in clock changes.

So going across those time zones and into the next day this should have corrected itself after clocks changed in both time zones.

Something to be aware of next October and March for global content sending. 

Darshil_Shah1

Ahh- I'd thought so as well that this had to do something with the Marketo itself and not with your setup at the user level. Thank you so much for the update, @KevinTruong