SOLVED

Preheader & subheader text changing or disappearing after send/in preview mode

Go to solution
jralba
Level 1

Preheader & subheader text changing or disappearing after send/in preview mode

Hi friends,

I have an email where, after the email is sent, the preheader copy displays old copy from an email sent two years ago and the subheader text disappears. In Edit mode, everything looks correct. In preview mode, the subheader text disappears and after being sent the email, some users receive the correct preheader copy and others receive the incorrect copy that pulls from the old email. 

There is no dynamic content or tokens in these emails. 

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I'm assuming the subheader copy is a CSS issue, but I can't understand why the preheader continues to change, especially with no tokens.

TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

Re: Preheader & subheader text changing or disappearing after send/in preview mode

@jralba As suggested by @Jo_Pitts1 please check for the draft first and if exists then try approving it first. If the issue still persists then there might be an issue with the module. Try creating a new email with the same template rather than cloning the old one, sometimes creating a new asset resolves the issue. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Preheader & subheader text changing or disappearing after send/in preview mode

@jralba ,

One of the most obvious things here - do you have an unapproved draft?  If so, the approved version may still be the 'old version'.

Cheers

Jo

jralba
Level 1

Hi @Jo_Pitts1,  no, all of the emails are approved. Could you help me understand how an approved version could be the 'old version'? I'm not sure I understand how that works but it could help me connect some dots. Thanks!

Vinay_Kumar

@jralba When you clone an email from another email then it carries all the modules and content of that email. It will not reflect the new updates you have made till the time you approve it. Once you approve that email than only it will reflect the latest updates. 

Vinay_Kumar

@jralba As suggested by @Jo_Pitts1 please check for the draft first and if exists then try approving it first. If the issue still persists then there might be an issue with the module. Try creating a new email with the same template rather than cloning the old one, sometimes creating a new asset resolves the issue.