Re: Parameters on Non-Marketo Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Parameters on Non-Marketo Page

Hey Community,

Is there a way to use parameters to reference the information entered in a Mkto form on the follow up page if that page is not a Mkto page?

Any help would be appreciated!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, once the data is submitted it would be storred in a field. You could then use a token in your return url string that contains that field. All you would need is a simple javascript that would parse that value into your page. We do this with Adwords links all the time by adding a string to url. Does that make sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable

This might help:

function getQueryValue(firstName) { var qstring = window.location.search, qstringArray = qstring && qstring.substring(1).split("&"), i = 0, len = qstringArray.length; for (; i < len; i++) { var token = qstringArray[i], eqIndex = token.indexOf("="), firstPart = token && token.substring(0, eqIndex); if (firstPart === param ) { return token.substring(eqIndex + 1, token.length); } } } 

E.g. Given a URL “http://domain.com?firstName=Jeff” , you can call this function as getQueryValue(“firstName”) and you'll get “Jeff”
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeff!

And this can be done with multiple values? I am not technical, but I am working with one of our web developers so I will see if this makes sense to him.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke with him and he says what you outlined works for obtaining info from a URL and using it. We are looking to take info from the Mkto form and put that in a URL after the submission. Is this doable?
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I envisioned in the form settings: 
0EM50000000RTWd.jpg

This would be the only way I can think of it from a form submission. I know this works from email links etc but have not tested it on the Thank You page. Let me know how it works!
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Good o' fashioned JQuery will do it as Jeffrey states.

Just tested using the token in the form URL and It wont work. Tried a non marketo follow up page and a marketo page, both renders lots of %20%7B etc.

I've creted an Idea in the community: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000JceeAAC