SOLVED

Need multiple open area txt fields for an application - but must I create custom fields or is there work-around?

Go to solution
Christine_LeBla
Level 3

Need multiple open area txt fields for an application - but must I create custom fields or is there work-around?

My form is going to need multiple open area txt fields for a "one off" application.

Therefore, fields will not be needed in CRM and I would like to know if I have no choice but to create custom Marketo fields for this purpose? - I didn't want to fill the database with extra custom fields that won't be used again.

Are there any ways around this just to capture some information?

Or, can you recommend a generic method for if I must create custom fields so they have some purpose?

For example, is it best to just call it:  extra open field 1, extra open field 2, extra open field 3?

What is this concept of repurposing a comments field, btw?

Thank you. Appreciate your advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Need multiple open area txt fieYlds for an application - but must I create custom fields or is there work-around?

@Christine_LeBla,

yes, you'll need to create new fields.  

If you're worried about 'clutter' in your Marketo database, give the fields generic names, and use the description to note what they are being used for, and on what date they stop being relevant.  That way you'll know when they can be re-used.

FWIW - Within tolerable limits a bit of clutter in the DB is fine - but I understand and agree with your desire to keep it to a minimum.

Cheers

Jo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Need multiple open area txt fieYlds for an application - but must I create custom fields or is there work-around?

@Christine_LeBla,

yes, you'll need to create new fields.  

If you're worried about 'clutter' in your Marketo database, give the fields generic names, and use the description to note what they are being used for, and on what date they stop being relevant.  That way you'll know when they can be re-used.

FWIW - Within tolerable limits a bit of clutter in the DB is fine - but I understand and agree with your desire to keep it to a minimum.

Cheers

Jo

Christine_LeBla
Level 3

Thanks so much! Wanted to be sure I knew my options, or if I was missing something here.

Good to know!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Need multiple open area txt fields for an application - but must I create custom fields or is there work-around?

Can you be clearer about how you intend to use the data in these fields?