Moving People From One Smart Campaign into Another

kenmckown
Level 2

Moving People From One Smart Campaign into Another

I am working on a nurture, but we want to remove people from the flow when they submit a form. Unfortunately the form is outside of Marketo, so I want to remove them once they are marked with a specific campaign status in Salesforce. Again, this presents a problem as the Remove From Flow options do not allow for a second constraint on a Choice.

So my solution was to create one Smart Campaign for each email send, but I want them to flow from 1 > 2 > 3. How can I achieve that within the Smart Campaign?

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Moving People From One Smart Campaign into Another

Is this Salesforce campaign linked with any Program in Marketo via native sync, so any updates to the campaign member status in SFDC is synced back to Marketo and you can trigger your campaign to remove people from the nurture based on that? You can reference multiple constraints in choice step by using is not operator properly:

Remove from Flow flow step

Choice step 1: if Program Status is ABC action Do nothing

Choice step 2: if Program Status is DEF action Do nothing

Default: Remove person from this campaign

The above flow step check for 2 conditions in a single flow step— if the person’s status is ABC or DEF they won’t be removed from the flow. You can do the reverse as well, where you remove people if they have either of 2 statuses they’ll be removed from the campaign flow.

kenmckown
Level 2

This makes sense, but unfortunately I want to make sure they are in a specific campaign, not just any campaign. The campaign is not natively synched within Marketo so I cannot use that method.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Gotcha, then you can make use of the smart list and its membership to determine whether they are still eligible to receive the subsequent email. However you said that the Salesforce campaign isn’t synced with Marketo, additionally, you mentioned that the form is also a non-Marketo form, so how will you check eligibility in Marketo? You'd need certain activities at least to trigger/verify that a person has become ineligible for the nurture. One way is to do a background form submission in Marketo when a user fills out the non-Marketo form on your website.