SOLVED

Modifying Marketo Synch User

Go to solution
Raj_Jain
Level 2

Modifying Marketo Synch User

HI All,

I would like to change the Email and username for the Marketo synch user. I am planning to make the changes in the SFDC user license/profile we have set up fo the Marketo synch.

Since I am not setting up a new SFDC user nor transferring the synch to a different user, If I update the email address/username in SFDC will that serve my purpose? Will it break anything? For example, the email address for the synch user is marketo@mydomain.com --> I simply want to change the email address/username in SFDC.

Otherwise, must I create a new user in SFDC then delete the old one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Modifying Marketo Synch User

Hi Raj,

In SFDC, you can change the email and the username separately. If you change only the email address, Marketo will not even notice it

If you change the user name, the sync will stop immediately. My recommendation is that you follow this procedure:

• Deactivate the sync in Marketo
  • Do you username change in SFDC.
  • Collect your new security token from SFDC
  • Come back to Marketo, enter the new username and the new token
  • Reactivate the sync

Do the whole thing quickly because even when the sync is deactivated, "Sync to SFDC", "Add to SFDC campaign", ..  flow steps are still active and are causing errors that you will not be easily able to recover. If you could deactivate the triggered campaign running these flow steps, it would be better, but it might be daunting task.

If the role and profile are unchanged in SFDC, this will not break anything and if the sync interruption is short, Marketo will recover any missing data, excepted for the failed flow steps above.

-Greg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Modifying Marketo Synch User

Hi Raj,

In SFDC, you can change the email and the username separately. If you change only the email address, Marketo will not even notice it

If you change the user name, the sync will stop immediately. My recommendation is that you follow this procedure:

• Deactivate the sync in Marketo
  • Do you username change in SFDC.
  • Collect your new security token from SFDC
  • Come back to Marketo, enter the new username and the new token
  • Reactivate the sync

Do the whole thing quickly because even when the sync is deactivated, "Sync to SFDC", "Add to SFDC campaign", ..  flow steps are still active and are causing errors that you will not be easily able to recover. If you could deactivate the triggered campaign running these flow steps, it would be better, but it might be daunting task.

If the role and profile are unchanged in SFDC, this will not break anything and if the sync interruption is short, Marketo will recover any missing data, excepted for the failed flow steps above.

-Greg