SOLVED

Re: Migrating activity data from one org to another

Go to solution
grantboothcs2
Level 1

Migrating activity data from one org to another

A customer of ours recently bought another company, and needs to migrate data from that company's Marketo org to another one. They're hopeful that they'll be able to migrate activity data and pointed me to this blog post from the Marketo Consulting team: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/employee-blogs/marketo-to-marketo-migrations-scripting/ba-p/330616

I'm not able to find a REST API endpoint that would create standard activities (like Fill Out Form, Send Email, etc.). I can think of many reasons why it would be a mistake for Marketo to even try to make such an endpoint available.
I suspect that consulting offering inserts custom activity types, which would not qualify for standard smart list filters like "Filled Out Form", "Clicked Link in Email", etc. So useful data to bring in but not as easy to leverage in their operations as they might hope. Is someone from Marketo able to verify this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What we do is bring in Custom Activities like Legacy:Filled Out Form or Migrated:Filled Out Form.

The references in the native activities are impossible to reproduce (e.g. the asset IDs will all be different) so the CAs are a flatter representation, but still very useful!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What we do is bring in Custom Activities like Legacy:Filled Out Form or Migrated:Filled Out Form.

The references in the native activities are impossible to reproduce (e.g. the asset IDs will all be different) so the CAs are a flatter representation, but still very useful!
NadineRegan
Level 2

Thanks, Sanford. This is super helpful!