SOLVED

{{member.webinar url:default=edit me}} placed within "add to Calendar link" on a confirmation page

Go to solution
simonedutoit
Level 1

{{member.webinar url:default=edit me}} placed within "add to Calendar link" on a confirmation page

This launch webinar url works when I add it to emails however I want webinar viewers to be able to save an add to cal link from a confirmation page and then be able to launch the webinar from the reminder. 

This doesn't seem to work - do you know if the link is populated upon email send?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: {{member.webinar url:default=edit me}} placed within "add to Calendar link" on a confi

{{member.webinar url}} isn't "populated upon email send" but in the background after somebody registers (in fact, you can't rely on it being populated when you send, which is why you should use this method instead).

{{member.webinar url}} is also available in a Landing Page that is local to the Event Program.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Re: {{member.webinar url:default=edit me}} placed within "add to Calendar link" on a confi

{{member.webinar url}} isn't "populated upon email send" but in the background after somebody registers (in fact, you can't rely on it being populated when you send, which is why you should use this method instead).

{{member.webinar url}} is also available in a Landing Page that is local to the Event Program.

Ishav_Khan
Level 1

Yes it does works only when some one do register yourself,  not works if sending as 'sample send' or test send.

SanfordWhiteman

This is true of all tokens that require the full user context, such as Velocity {{my.tokens}} that use Custom Objects. It's not unique to this token. 

Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5

I noticed this mixed behavior as well during some testing (the {{member.webinar url}} token populating as expected in the email body, but not in a Calendar token/ICS file). Sanford's suggestion to use a landing page redirect is a great way to mitigate this problem.