SOLVED

Member Status within Email Program

Go to solution
Milly_Tsui
Level 2

Member Status within Email Program

Hi Marketo Community,

I have some campaigns housed in a email program type. When I go to the 'members' tab, all members have their status as 'sent' even though these emails have been open, clicked, etc. This is verified through the 'dashboard' view, where I can see and download a breakdown of these metrics. Why is there a discrepancy between the member tab and the dashboard view? Do I need to set up a smart campaign that explicitly changes the status so that the 'members' tab displays the true activity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Re: Member Status within Email Program

Hey Milly,

The dashboard of an email program pulls through details from email performance and is not based on program status. If you have additional program statuses that you'd like to have covered, and don't have smart campaigns in the program to update program status (and best practice is one smart campaign for each status change, typically), then yes, you'll need to add them. Broadly speaking this is true of most situations, there's only a handful of cases where a program status will update automatically (e.g., if you're running webinars connected to a webinar platform).

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Milly,

The dashboard of an email program pulls through details from email performance and is not based on program status. If you have additional program statuses that you'd like to have covered, and don't have smart campaigns in the program to update program status (and best practice is one smart campaign for each status change, typically), then yes, you'll need to add them. Broadly speaking this is true of most situations, there's only a handful of cases where a program status will update automatically (e.g., if you're running webinars connected to a webinar platform).

Hope that helps.

Milly_Tsui
Level 2

Thanks for the clarification Grace Brebner​!