SOLVED

Maximum number of emails for Send alert flow step

Go to solution
Dean548
Level 2

Maximum number of emails for Send alert flow step

Hi,

Is there a limit of how many email addresses can I send an alert email to?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Maximum number of emails for Send alert flow step

I haven't heard/read/encountered the maximum number of email addresses users could add in the Send Alert email's flow step. We usually end up creating a distribution list as soon as there are more than a certain number of email recipients that need to be sent alerts. You can also use custom/lead tokens to house the email addresses (multiple email addresses need to be added in the comma-separated format), and then reference that respective token in the Send Alert flow step so you don't have to re-add the list of emails at all places.

Text token: {{my.Internal Alert Distro}}
Value = email1@example.com, email2@example.com, email3@example.com 

Just a note that this will only work with the trigger campaigns, for the batch campaign you'd have to employ a workaround by using the Request Campaign flow step and have the alert campaign trigger on the Campaign is Requested trigger.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Dean548 ,

If you have to send to so many emails, can you set up a distribution list?

Cheers

Jo

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I haven't heard/read/encountered the maximum number of email addresses users could add in the Send Alert email's flow step. We usually end up creating a distribution list as soon as there are more than a certain number of email recipients that need to be sent alerts. You can also use custom/lead tokens to house the email addresses (multiple email addresses need to be added in the comma-separated format), and then reference that respective token in the Send Alert flow step so you don't have to re-add the list of emails at all places.

Text token: {{my.Internal Alert Distro}}
Value = email1@example.com, email2@example.com, email3@example.com 

Just a note that this will only work with the trigger campaigns, for the batch campaign you'd have to employ a workaround by using the Request Campaign flow step and have the alert campaign trigger on the Campaign is Requested trigger.

Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I often use a segment-specific shared inbox email address, which is especially good for Inside Sales and Customer Services teams so that multiple people can view the alert and the correct one can respond based on skills, knowledge or  language.

Also if a smaller team and someone is out sick then an alert is not just left unopened by that one inbox.