SOLVED

Marketo vs OneTrust Email Preference Center

Go to solution
AshHamil10
Level 2

Marketo vs OneTrust Email Preference Center

Hi All - We are revamping our preference center, and in our discussions, hosting the preference center in Marketo vs OneTrust came up. Does anyone have insight as to which tool provides a better experience for the data subject? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Marketo vs OneTrust Email Preference Center

Hi Ash, 

Having set up Preference centre in Marketo around GDPR for Europe, we then migrated into a global instance.

The company also has One Trust and I looked at both options in detail.

It wasn't just costs based but we chose to stick with Marketo and enhance the GDPR preference centre to become a global preference centre- covering GRDP, Brazil, Canada, Singapore, Japan, Australia etc.

This can be done in One Trust but would have been an extra cost/service to what we already had,  where as in Marketo it was about building the program, and mapping the logic based on country with no extra cost.

Make sure your legal team are one of your stakeholders and provide you with all the legal text and logic.

We also introduced dynamic forms based on country selected to display the legal text and necessary checkboxes.

One of my most favourite projects to work on, as it was truly global and working with multiple country needs. Being in the UK I already had the knowledge around GDPR.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi Ash, 

Having set up Preference centre in Marketo around GDPR for Europe, we then migrated into a global instance.

The company also has One Trust and I looked at both options in detail.

It wasn't just costs based but we chose to stick with Marketo and enhance the GDPR preference centre to become a global preference centre- covering GRDP, Brazil, Canada, Singapore, Japan, Australia etc.

This can be done in One Trust but would have been an extra cost/service to what we already had,  where as in Marketo it was about building the program, and mapping the logic based on country with no extra cost.

Make sure your legal team are one of your stakeholders and provide you with all the legal text and logic.

We also introduced dynamic forms based on country selected to display the legal text and necessary checkboxes.

One of my most favourite projects to work on, as it was truly global and working with multiple country needs. Being in the UK I already had the knowledge around GDPR.

AshHamil10
Level 2

Thank you! This is very helpful! 

Dave_Roberts
Level 10

I'd agree here, anytime you can do something in Marketo instead of extending the tech stack to introduce another tool that does just about the same thing you'll generally be happier in the long-run. Things in Marketo work with things in Marketo without needing any sort of integrations which makes the process high-fidelity and helps to reduce your technical debt and spending into the future.