Marketo Sync With Salesforce Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Sync With Salesforce Issue

Hi Everyone,

I have our Marketo instance set up to sync all visable fields on SFDC leads. We recently added a new item to a list in SFDC and for some reason it is not showing up in Marketo. I can choose the lead information category (which is called "segment department" in our SFDC instance) in Marketo, but only the older items in the pick list appear. Any idea on what could be causing this? I origionally though it may just take some time to sync, but I'm sitting here 24 hours later and the field still is not visable in Marketo.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Re: Marketo Sync With Salesforce Issue

Where are you looking at the pick list? If you're looking on a form, you'll have to manually update the pick list values. If you're looking in a Smart List, then you should see the updated values. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jep,

I'm actually looking at them in a smart list (I'm trying to send an email blast). Let me know if you can think of anything else this could be. I could probably filter on other criteria to get the same result, but I'm not entirely sure without throughly checking SFDC fields.

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

To solve your short-term issue, just type in the values you need. The pick-list is only for convenience, you're not tied to entering only those values. My understanding is that - for a pick list field in SFDC - the pick list values should sync automatically, but I may be wrong here. If it's not a pick list field in SFDC, possible values will not sync. It will simply look at the values that are available inside Marketo (the actual values on Lead records) and show those in the drop-down.