SOLVED

Marketo Program not syncing to Salesforce

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Program not syncing to Salesforce

We recently started to link Marketo programs to SFDC campaigns at the front end of the program vs. syncing in a flow step. However, we are noticing that the sync is picking and choosing who to push to SFDC.

pastedImage_0.png

i.e. a recent program synced on 24 of the 54 invited contacts. I manually had to sync the missing contacts to the program and update their status.

Should we be adding more to the flow step than just "Change Program Status?" Should we also have "Change SFDC Status" in the flow? I'm afraid even when we spot check the larger campaigns, we may be missing important people!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Re: Marketo Program not syncing to Salesforce

Try putting in a ticket and see if your API is overloaded. Otherwise, this is definitely an on-going issue for the auto campaign sync which is why I do all of mine manually in flow steps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tye Stephens​ Any insight on this?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Allyson, did the program have leads set to Invited before you synced the program to SF? If you run a flow that changes program status I would review the details after its finished which should tell you why people are skipping certain steps.

Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

If the program is linked to a SFDC campaign, there is no need to use the "Change SFDC Campaign Status" flow steps because it will ignore them anyway. Regarding your sync issue - how much time did you give it to sync? Campaign membership can take a little longer to sync up than lead/contact data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Allyson Brothag​ I'm having the exact same problem in my syncing between Marketo programs and Salesforce campaigns.

Delinda Tinkey​ In my example, it's been at least a week and the campaigns still haven't synced up to reflect the same numbers and there are 100+ missing from the Salesforce campaign.

Did you find a solution or any insight into this problem?

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Try putting in a ticket and see if your API is overloaded. Otherwise, this is definitely an on-going issue for the auto campaign sync which is why I do all of mine manually in flow steps.

John_Clark1
Level 10

For those of you seeing this problem, do the statuses in the Marketo Program and the SFDC Campaign match exactly?  If not, it's possible that may be part of the issue.

In general, if you're going to sync Programs and Campaigns it's best to lest Marketo create the SFDC campaign for you through the sync by choosing New Campaign when you go to sync.  This will ensure that everything matches.

When a Program is synced with a Campaign, then any lead given a status on one side should be given that same status on the other side, and it's best to manage the membership from the Marketo side if possible.

Also, keep in mind that leads can't move backward in the progression of a Marketo campaign, which means a change in SFDC may not be able to sync to Marketo.

John

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

I've had everything match for statuses and still encounter issues. I'm not sure if it's a permission based thing for the profile or what, but in general I've had this happen for myself and see it with a number of clients.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It turned out we had an overload to the API. We have a handful of things talking thru it and we broke it.. Whoops!