SOLVED

Re: Marketo form is not appearing in my Marketo Landing Page

Go to solution
MMundra1
Level 3

Marketo form is not appearing in my Marketo Landing Page

Hi All,

I have been trying to add my Marketo form (under Design Studio) into my Marketo Landing Page (under Marketing Activities) but somehow it's not showing up on the page even after trying on multiple landing pages. It would be of great help to me if someone review the page cofigurations as I am not sure if the form is not showing either because of some custom JS in it or something else. Here are the details:

Landing page link: https://go.nauto.com/VEDR-form-test.html

Here are the screenshots which confirms that it's visible in the Draft section but not showing up after viewing the approved page.:

MMundra1_0-1700736589942.pngMMundra1_1-1700736609472.png

Mahak Mundra
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Quite obvious from the console error that your custom JS file is to blame. https://go.nauto.com/rs/055-HBB-531/images/Email_Script.js isn't valid JS – looking at the top of the file it looks like someone pasted it into an RTF editor like WordPad. Naturally this leaves artifacts behind that make it no longer a plain text file.

(The domain check in the code itself is also functionally broken, by the way. Not only does it not check the domain part correctly, it also is case-sensitive, which is incorrect for domains.)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Try cloning the form, approving it and adding the new form onto your landing page. For some reason your instance doesn't recognise form 1437. 

Jay_Jiang_0-1700740255983.png

MMundra1
Level 3

Hi @Jay_Jiang , thanks for your reply. I tried it again as per your suggestions but unfortunately it's not working too.

Here is the link of my Landing page having a cloned form:

https://go.nauto.com/VEDR-form-test.html

Mahak Mundra
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

can you share your custom javascript?

Also try:

adding the same form to a different landing page

adding a different form to the current landing page

MMundra1
Level 3

Hi @Jay_Jiang , I tried all the possible ways. I think the main culprit seems to be the custom JS file which Sanford highlighted. However, I am curious to know if this  custom JS file is the only error for my issue or there are other things also that needs to be fixed ? 

Mahak Mundra
SanfordWhiteman

If you remove that file the form will load. Note that if you had tried to load the file separately (as is recommended) it wouldn't stop the form from loading, though of course it would still not be functional.
MMundra1
Level 3

Thank you @SanfordWhiteman . I will request the backend team to remove this file so that I can do the required testing.

Mahak Mundra
SanfordWhiteman

You don’t need to do anything on the backend, just remove the reference from the form.

(Also the file is hosted in your Design Studio anyway, most instances don’t have a different team for that area.)

SanfordWhiteman

Quite obvious from the console error that your custom JS file is to blame. https://go.nauto.com/rs/055-HBB-531/images/Email_Script.js isn't valid JS – looking at the top of the file it looks like someone pasted it into an RTF editor like WordPad. Naturally this leaves artifacts behind that make it no longer a plain text file.

(The domain check in the code itself is also functionally broken, by the way. Not only does it not check the domain part correctly, it also is case-sensitive, which is incorrect for domains.)

MMundra1
Level 3

Hi @SanfordWhiteman , thanks for your reply. Does the removal of this custom JS file could make the Marketo form load properly on the Landing page ?

Mahak Mundra