SOLVED

Managing Opt-ins with Progressive Profiling

Go to solution
marcieatwork
Level 1

Managing Opt-ins with Progressive Profiling

I use a checkbox to collect opt-ins on my forms, and right now, we are NOT using Progressive Profiling, so the box appears every time. I'd like to use Progressive Profiling to only show the checkbox the first time around, BUT that means that if they DON'T opt in that first time, they won't be offered a second chance. I'd like a custom Progressive Profiling solution to stop showing the checkbox if the user checks it but to continue to show it upon future visits if the user did not check it. Has anyone done something like this? Marketo Support confirms that this is how things will work, and I will need a custom developer to implement my desired solution. Have you found a work-around or a developer that has helped you solve this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Managing Opt-ins with Progressive Profiling

I use a checkbox to collect opt-ins on my forms, and right now, we are NOT using Progressive Profiling, so the box appears every time. I'd like to use Progressive Profiling to only show the checkbox the first time around, BUT that means that if they DON'T opt in that first time, they won't be offered a second chance.

That’s not accurate. A Checkbox field in the ProgPro block will be shown every time until it’s checked. (This is more often a reason to not use a Checkbox, but for your case it works.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I use a checkbox to collect opt-ins on my forms, and right now, we are NOT using Progressive Profiling, so the box appears every time. I'd like to use Progressive Profiling to only show the checkbox the first time around, BUT that means that if they DON'T opt in that first time, they won't be offered a second chance.

That’s not accurate. A Checkbox field in the ProgPro block will be shown every time until it’s checked. (This is more often a reason to not use a Checkbox, but for your case it works.)

marcieatwork
Level 1

That's great news! Thank you!