SOLVED

Make it make sense - click numbers

Go to solution
ayaspan
Level 3

Make it make sense - click numbers

Sent an email campaign last week. Here's the number of clicks as reported on the dashboard:

ayaspan_0-1710882503186.png

But the email link performance report reads:

ayaspan_1-1710882614683.png

Yes, I get that the first bolded number (299) is supposed to be total link clicks where as the second number (233) is invidual people that clicked. So where does 193, as reported in the Dashboard number, even come from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Make it make sense - click numbers

In Email Link performance, each row of the people column, shows the number of unique people who clicked on that link, and the total is a sum of each of those rows.  This means that it shows the total number of unique clicks among all links in an email, and not the total number of people who clicked a link. A person could have clicked a link multiple times so they would be counted 2x in the total, unlike the email send program’s dashboard, which shows the number of people who have clicked one or more links in the email. I hope this clarifies your question. Please let us know if you have questions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

In Email Link performance, each row of the people column, shows the number of unique people who clicked on that link, and the total is a sum of each of those rows.  This means that it shows the total number of unique clicks among all links in an email, and not the total number of people who clicked a link. A person could have clicked a link multiple times so they would be counted 2x in the total, unlike the email send program’s dashboard, which shows the number of people who have clicked one or more links in the email. I hope this clarifies your question. Please let us know if you have questions.

ayaspan
Level 3

Got it, makes much more sense now. Guess it's hard to uniquely label such a column succinctly, but that explanation helps a lot.