Mailto Links in Email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mailto Links in Email

We are working on sending out a customer newsetter, and are having some issues with getting "mailto" links to work. So far, the links just open up to a blank page in the browser, and we're wondering where the issue is stemming from. The link URL that we have set up is "mailto:emailaddress@company.com" (fake email address here, but same formatting).

Any ideas?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Mailto Links in Email

Hi Michael, are these links set to open in a new window/new browser? Setting them to open in the same window has resolved this for me before.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had them set up as a new window, but the adjustment to same window didn't seem to help. Do you think it could just be a browser setting? I imagine if they have a default email address set up with their browser, it might trigger the response properly.

Thanks for your help!
Alexis_Shamsi_H
Level 3

Hi Michael,

We have experienced this issue as well. The mailto: link does not work in Lotus Notes (our ESP), but it does work for Gmail, Outlook, etc. What email client are you using to test this link?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alexis, we are using Gmail. For some reason, we've been experiencing some issues with the sample emails, whether it be a Marketo problem or a Chrome problem on our end. The "open in this window/frame" method actually did work, but it wasn't updating quickly enough in the sample emails to see whether or not it was actually working. All is good - thanks to you both for the help!