Re: Lock down permissions to certain forms or campaigns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lock down permissions to certain forms or campaigns

Hi - now that we have Marketo forms implemented on our website, there is some concern that someone might accidentally change the 'contact me' form, for example, which would then show up live on our website incorrectly.  Is there a way to 'lock down' access to certain forms or campaigns once they are live, so team members can't make changes without approval?  

And on a related note, can it be configured so you can only change campaigns that you created, or that you have access to? It seems like all marketing users have access to everything in the system (including deleting lists!!)  Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least for the second half, yes, you can limit what users do. In the Admin section of Marketo, you can create/customize Roles. A list of permissions that you can allow/deny is here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyp7CAC.

Hope that clears up some stuff for you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sam!

But it would just restrict access to edit 'all' campaigns, right? (if I changed that setting) It's not possible to let people only edit 'their' lists or campaigns?  Or am I not getting how it works? Thanks!
Dinah_Pu
Level 2

I was hoping for the same thing, but I don't think they have this ability yet. Here's an idea that you can vote on -

Let's hope it gets worked on soon!

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I would restrict Form access to only those that should be editing forms. Can be simply executed in the Admin section under Users and Roles. Edit the existing role to take away this privilege, or create a new role for users that should not have access to forms and simply change the users role.