Leads pushed to SFDC where existing Contact resides

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leads pushed to SFDC where existing Contact resides

Does anyone have a solution to best practice in pushing MQLs from Marketo to SFDC and what to do if there is an existing Contact in SFDC that matches to the Lead email?  I would like to have all MQLs pushed to SFDC, create a new Lead, (even if a matching Contact exists), then have the sales team work all of the Leads and when converting a Lead that exists as a Contact they could merge upon conversion.  Thank you very much for your input!

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Leads pushed to SFDC where existing Contact resides

Please do some searching for Lead Assignment and Lead Lifecycle.

• Non SFDC Records - push to SFDC Queue or Person or use LARs.
  • Existing SFDC Leads - push to SFDC, these are deduped in Marketo in most cases.
  • Existing SFDC Contacts - ditto. But I usually handle these differently and send an Alert to the Owner because they are often customers or in process. Alternatively, you can push all records to a Queue and any SFDC Contacts will force a new SFDC Lead to be created since Queues cannot own Contacts. *** this will cause dupes. ***

If I were you, I would discuss all of this with Sales before you do anything else.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

On top of Josh's point, when a contact, you can create a task in SFDC and assign it to the contact owner.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  If I push all to queue, including leads that match an existing contact, can't the duplication issue be addressed when the sales person converts the lead in SFDC and merges it w/ an existing contact?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Dawne,

Yes you can suppress the duplicate with the conversion. But still, this is not a recommended path to take, it will cause problems (such as discrepancies in scoring).

-Greg