SOLVED

Lead Creation - Dynamic Chat

Go to solution
Recho
Level 3

Lead Creation - Dynamic Chat

Hello All,

As per our  understanding Dynamic chat creates a lead as soon as email address is captured, is there a way to not create lead from Dynamic Chat until goal is reached ? Our use case is we need few mandatory details before getting a lead (New) in our database. 

One way i could come up with  is asking email address right before reaching the goal (almost end of the dialogue) . is there any other workaround for this ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Lead Creation - Dynamic Chat

Well, as you said, you can update your dialogue so the email address isn't asked until the point you determine them to be worthy of upserting in Marketo, or just use an SL filter (alternatively add those into to a static list as well) to find dynamic chat-sourced new people who interacted with the chat but didn’t reach the goal state, and then delete them. You can automate this process of removing people from the db as well using a simple campaign setup. Be mindful of the the fact that, delaying email address question would also mean that you won’t be able to update existing people in the db until you get their email address (at least for the non-cookied visitors), in case they don’t reach the desired goal state first. But, strategically, I don’t like the idea of not letting people stay in Marketo who came to your site and interacted with chat. Ideally, I’d rather use scoring/stages to differentiate people who reached the desired goal state vs those who didn’t.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, as you said, you can update your dialogue so the email address isn't asked until the point you determine them to be worthy of upserting in Marketo, or just use an SL filter (alternatively add those into to a static list as well) to find dynamic chat-sourced new people who interacted with the chat but didn’t reach the goal state, and then delete them. You can automate this process of removing people from the db as well using a simple campaign setup. Be mindful of the the fact that, delaying email address question would also mean that you won’t be able to update existing people in the db until you get their email address (at least for the non-cookied visitors), in case they don’t reach the desired goal state first. But, strategically, I don’t like the idea of not letting people stay in Marketo who came to your site and interacted with chat. Ideally, I’d rather use scoring/stages to differentiate people who reached the desired goal state vs those who didn’t.

Recho
Level 3

Thanks @Darshil_Shah1  That's the reason we did not want to add email towards the end , as it good to have some information about leads  , But i guess having a campaign to add leads to static list and see what could be done with them sounds valid to us.

Thanks for confirming the functionality and your insights, as always super helpful.