SOLVED

Lead Coming from AdWords - 2+ Pages

Go to solution
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Lead Coming from AdWords - 2+ Pages

Hi all,

I'm wondering how to capture when leads come from Google AdWords. I've set up hidden fields on our forms for URL Paramaters and Referral Parameters but the problem comes into play when a person navigates through 2+ pages before filling out the form - paramaters aren't saved from page to page. Does anyone have a solution?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead Coming from AdWords - 2+ Pages

Typically what people do is add the parameters to a session cookie that is deleted when they navigated away from the site. 

He's right, there is code for this in the community, but I've never seen a bullet proof implementation of this idea.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Adam,

There is a javascript you can use that will retain the parameters from the first page until they fill out the form. Take a look here for the code or links to ideas. Most javscript developers can do this pretty easily.
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Thanks Josh. Did you mean to link somewhere in your comment?

Will a particular value be kept in the "Original Referrer" field or another field?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

No I meant do a search in the Community.

The value could be in QueryString or Referrer. Better to setup your own fields that match to the parameters.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typically what people do is add the parameters to a session cookie that is deleted when they navigated away from the site. 

He's right, there is code for this in the community, but I've never seen a bullet proof implementation of this idea.
Anonymous
Not applicable

One other way I've heard of (I'm currently testing it) is to have a campaign that grabs the Latest Referrer and store it each time there is a new visit. 

This can be done by using the trigger.referrer token and assign it to the Last Referrer field upon any page visit, except if referrer is another page of your site (you only want to grab external referrers). 

This could looke like this:
Smartlist
0EM50000000SnsA.jpg

Flow: 
0EM50000000SnsK.jpg
Note that Last Referrer gets overritten  each time a new visitor comes in though...