Landing page forcing a download

Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing page forcing a download

Hi guys,

I made two landing pages...the first one has a Form that a user would fill out, then hit Download . Once hitting download, it will take the user to Landing Page 2, which says "Thanks for Downloading" and prompts the user to download the content (PDF brochure).

I added an HTML code to do this, and tried a few different codes to accomplish this.

I started to notice that any change I made, it would not make a difference when I preview the landing page.

So then I took out the HTML block completely and it is still doing this.

Next step, I cloned the page and renamed it. Unfortunately, this still does the same thing.  Looks like I broke the LP and I can't find a way to make it stop automatically open the PDF even with the HTML block taken out.

Is there any way to remedy this?
Do I have to start over?
How can I avoid this in the future when I am testing HTML on landing pages?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Landing page forcing a download

Try editing your form on the landing page via the gear icon.  Instead of sending them to another thank you landing page, have the submit button go to the specific URL (whitepaper).

Then set up a campaign with a fills out form trigger that listens for when the submit button is pressed.  (this way you see all who downloaded it and can change progression status or whatever you need.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Echoing Angela's answer, but even going to a second landing page you should be able to set this without custom HTML.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanna chime in for with some advice here as well.  I always recommend against giving them the link to the content on the follow up page.  This is because, they could have put in any contact info they want and still get the asset.  Instead I always recommend sending the asset in an autoresponder via the email address they provided.  That way, you are verifying the email address is a valid one.  When you give it to them on the follow up page, the form really loses all it's value.