SOLVED

Is the Marketo lead management app still available? Initial set up required for Marketo to salesforce integration?

Go to solution
Anand_Raj_S1
Level 3

Is the Marketo lead management app still available? Initial set up required for Marketo to salesforce integration?

Hi All,

1. Is the Marketo lead management app still available?
  1. Initial set up required for Marketo to salesforce integration?
  • As per the current product docs Enterprise/Unlimited Edition - Marketo Docs - Product Docs , does that mean only the 3 steps mentioned are sufficient to initiate the first time or initial set up of integration between, Marketo and salesforce? No more app / package required to be installed? If no, could you please help with sufficient details required to kickoff with integration?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Re: Is the Marketo lead management app still available? Initial set up required for Marketo to salesforce integration?

Hi Anand,

To answer your question, no, the MLM Package is not required any more. So the short version is, just follow the new directions that you can find right here: Adding Marketo Fields to Salesforce

I'd like to find out where you found the PDF you referenced: http://pages2.marketo.com/rs/marketob2/images/Marketo-and-SFDC-for-New-Customers.pdf . If that's still being linked to somewhere, we will need to get that changed, so please let me know.

Reason for the change:

This is a very recent change that just went into place and we've been trying to get it communicated out to the customer base. The MLM Package is being retired and there's a new process now.

Where to Go for More Information

In terms of the MLM package being retired, we have lots of information available.

Here are some resources for you to check out:

• Overview Documentation

This doc will give you a high level overview of what the configuration changes are and what to expect moving forward: Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync - Overview

• Frequently Asked Questions

Check out our FAQ for the answers to the most commonly asked questions. Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync – Frequently Asked Questions

• Discussion thread

We've created this discussion thread in the community to address any questions you may have. This discussion thread will be monitored by the Marketo team to ensure you get answers to your questions. Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync – Questions and Discussion

• Release Schedule

The release is being staggered over the course of 6 months. This doc will give you exact details so you can know precisely when your Marketo instance will be updated. Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync – Release Schedule

• Under the Hood Documentation

This doc will give you all of the nitty gritty details of exactly what is happening. If you're looking for in depth technical details, this is the go-to doc to check out!

Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync – Under The Hood

• Recreating Affected Fields

There are different versions of Salesforce, but don't worry, all of the details on how to recreate the affected fields as well as a video tutorial can all be found in the documentation here: Adding Marketo Fields to Salesforce

• Contact Marketo Support

If you would prefer to talk to someone live, please contact Marketo Support over any of the channel listed here: Contact Marketo Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_Finnen
Level 2

Re: Is the Marketo lead management app still available? Initial set up required for Marketo to salesforce integration?

Hi Anand,

Please reach out to me and I can have one of our Marketo experts discuss the initial Marketo to Salesforce integration with you.  There are certain steps you need to take in order to ensure a smooth integration.  You can reach me by email at billy@ringlead.com .

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Hi Anand,

To answer your question, no, the MLM Package is not required any more. So the short version is, just follow the new directions that you can find right here: Adding Marketo Fields to Salesforce

I'd like to find out where you found the PDF you referenced: http://pages2.marketo.com/rs/marketob2/images/Marketo-and-SFDC-for-New-Customers.pdf . If that's still being linked to somewhere, we will need to get that changed, so please let me know.

Reason for the change:

This is a very recent change that just went into place and we've been trying to get it communicated out to the customer base. The MLM Package is being retired and there's a new process now.

Where to Go for More Information

In terms of the MLM package being retired, we have lots of information available.

Here are some resources for you to check out:

• Overview Documentation

This doc will give you a high level overview of what the configuration changes are and what to expect moving forward: Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync - Overview

• Frequently Asked Questions

Check out our FAQ for the answers to the most commonly asked questions. Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync – Frequently Asked Questions

• Discussion thread

We've created this discussion thread in the community to address any questions you may have. This discussion thread will be monitored by the Marketo team to ensure you get answers to your questions. Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync – Questions and Discussion

• Release Schedule

The release is being staggered over the course of 6 months. This doc will give you exact details so you can know precisely when your Marketo instance will be updated. Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync – Release Schedule

• Under the Hood Documentation

This doc will give you all of the nitty gritty details of exactly what is happening. If you're looking for in depth technical details, this is the go-to doc to check out!

Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync – Under The Hood

• Recreating Affected Fields

There are different versions of Salesforce, but don't worry, all of the details on how to recreate the affected fields as well as a video tutorial can all be found in the documentation here: Adding Marketo Fields to Salesforce

• Contact Marketo Support

If you would prefer to talk to someone live, please contact Marketo Support over any of the channel listed here: Contact Marketo Support

Rochelle_Sikhov
Level 1

Hi Mike Reynolds‌!

I just found that same PDF with a google search, which prompted me to chat with support and they pointed me to this page. 

Brian_Adam1
Level 1

I noticed we still have the Marketo Lead Management installed in our production instance of SFDC. I assume it's safe to uninstall?