SOLVED

Invalid values for Link Name / Web Page

Go to solution
Christina_Euric
Level 3

Invalid values for Link Name / Web Page

Hey everybody,

I'm trying to create a smart campaign right now where the smart list includes the trigger "Clicks Link on Web Page" .

I put in the Link Name (the URL is the URL of a .pdf file in our Marketo Design Studio) and the URL of the Web Page (it's the approved Landing Page of this program).

But Marketo tells me that the values are invalid. I even tried to put "http://" in front of the URLs but it's still not working.

We used other Landing Pages from Marketo before in our Smart Campaigns and it always worked.

Does somebody know anything about this problem?

Kind regards

Christina

Unbenannt.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Invalid values for Link Name / Web Page

The link/page will only be there if it has previously been indexed.  Whenever publishing a new page/links, have your team visit/test it to get those items indexed in Marketo - so that they will appear in the list (eventually).  Also, when using Marketo LPs, it's easier - and sometimes more reliable - to reference the LP by it's asset name (rather than the URL).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

try to expand the available link names and web pages (+ icon) and search for the link in the list and add it from there.

Best;m

Christina_Euric
Level 3

Hey Matjaz,

thank you very much for your advice.

I tried to search for the link but it is not listed in the list.

Kind regards

Christina

Then its not in the Marketo database yet. One cookied user should click on the link/page to push it into Marketo and then it should work. Alternatively, change the "is" condition to "contains".

Best;m

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The link/page will only be there if it has previously been indexed.  Whenever publishing a new page/links, have your team visit/test it to get those items indexed in Marketo - so that they will appear in the list (eventually).  Also, when using Marketo LPs, it's easier - and sometimes more reliable - to reference the LP by it's asset name (rather than the URL).

Christina_Euric
Level 3

Thank you very much for your help! My colleague tested the website and when I tried to find it in the list by it's asset name, I found it.

Have a great day and thank you again for helping me!