SOLVED

Inquiry Regarding Reversibility and Data Management in AJO Connection

Go to solution
Karthik_Logan1
Level 1

Inquiry Regarding Reversibility and Data Management in AJO Connection

Hi There, 

I want to establish connection between Marketo and Adobe Journey Optimizer. I followed the instructions as mentioned in the below document. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/adobe-experience-cloud-integratio... 

I received the below pop-up information.sync-warning.PNG

My inquiry is as follows:

• Can we reverse this process, meaning, is it possible to disconnect the connection when required or necessary?
  • Upon disconnection, what happens to the data? Is it automatically removed, or do we need to manually remove it from AJO? This is crucial because loading numerous records or profiles in the sandbox environment may impact the licensing cost and platform performance.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Inquiry Regarding Reversibility and Data Management in AJO Connection

As the message in the dialog says, as an end user you'd be unable to change the associated IMS organization ID. You can check with the support whether they'd be able to change/disassociate linked Adobe IMS org if required (pretty sure they'd deny as it is engineered that way IMO, but no harm in checking).

Also, as mentioned in the "Send a List to Adobe Experience Cloud" and "Sync an Audience From Adobe Experience Cloud" documentation pages, all profiles and people don't sync b/w Marketo and AEC applications on their own upon mapping Adobe organization, you need to do that manually by selecting "Send to Experience Cloud" for sending people in a Marketo static list to AEC and "Sync from Experience Cloud Audience" for syncing people from AEC to Marketo. Last, once data is synced to either platform, I'm pretty sure you'd have to manually remove people from all destinations.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Inquiry Regarding Reversibility and Data Management in AJO Connection

As the message in the dialog says, as an end user you'd be unable to change the associated IMS organization ID. You can check with the support whether they'd be able to change/disassociate linked Adobe IMS org if required (pretty sure they'd deny as it is engineered that way IMO, but no harm in checking).

Also, as mentioned in the "Send a List to Adobe Experience Cloud" and "Sync an Audience From Adobe Experience Cloud" documentation pages, all profiles and people don't sync b/w Marketo and AEC applications on their own upon mapping Adobe organization, you need to do that manually by selecting "Send to Experience Cloud" for sending people in a Marketo static list to AEC and "Sync from Experience Cloud Audience" for syncing people from AEC to Marketo. Last, once data is synced to either platform, I'm pretty sure you'd have to manually remove people from all destinations.