SOLVED

In Engagement Map's Change Data Value flow step has an error for Drift Chat Box program

Go to solution
Paulina
Level 2

In Engagement Map's Change Data Value flow step has an error for Drift Chat Box program

Hi all, I'm getting these errors for the Smart List's Flow step that is very common to be used in our instance. The program is for Drift Chat. Any suggestions how to fix this? I've tested the Drift Chat Playbook, but nothing is seen on a program level (after checking test email's activity log it shows the test that was made).
Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 16.18.24.pngScreenshot 2023-08-11 at 16.19.10.pngScreenshot 2023-08-11 at 16.18.49.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: In Engagement Map's Change Data Value flow step has an error for Drift Chat Box program

I think the new Engagement Map doesn't like empty default choices. A flow step like this

Michael_Florin_0-1691768260559.png

which I consider to be perfectly fine, is throwing an error on the map.

Michael_Florin_1-1691768317181.png

I'd ignore it. It doesn't mean that the Smart Campaign won't work. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: In Engagement Map's Change Data Value flow step has an error for Drift Chat Box program

I think the new Engagement Map doesn't like empty default choices. A flow step like this

Michael_Florin_0-1691768260559.png

which I consider to be perfectly fine, is throwing an error on the map.

Michael_Florin_1-1691768317181.png

I'd ignore it. It doesn't mean that the Smart Campaign won't work. 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

It's just a warning and not an error which is highlighted in red instead of amber; the latter could cause the campaign to error out during its run. However, with just the warning the campaign would still run. I'd rather like it if the errors and warnings had been consistent across both experiences instead to avoid confusion.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

It's just a warning...

Yes, but what's the point of this "warning"? Isn't an empty default choice a perfectly reasonable thing to do? 

I'd say, it's a bug. 🙂

Darshil_Shah1

Yep, I agree! I'd rather not have that highlighted as a warning. Empty default choice step - perfectly fine to have in a flow step. 🙂

Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Agree the colour coding and warning v alert is a little confusing in this instance.

ttseng
Level 2

Thanks for the feedback Michael.  In your example, under Choice 1 if the attribute value was "Do Nothing" instead of "Role" a warning would be displayed in Engagement Map. Is it correct to assume you do not expect a warning to be shown in this case as well? 

Tags (1)
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Yes, that is correct. In my understanding, IF something --> THEN do nothing is perfectly valid, and I'm constantly using this syntax. I think it shouldn't create a warning.

ttseng
Level 2

Got it, thanks for confirming Michael! 

Katja_Keesom

You are totally correct @Michael_Florin . Coincidentally I had raised this exact point with the product team as well. I see they have picked up on this thread already, so I am sure this will be improved in the next release.