SOLVED

Re: Import leads into Marketo without synching to SFDC.

Go to solution
Deeps
Level 4

Import leads into Marketo without synching to SFDC.

Hi Team,

Please assist with this:

I have a list to import into marketo to send one time email, how to ensure the lists gets imported only in marketo without syncing the leads to SFDC.

Thanks in advance.

Deepthi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@Deeps, assuming that these are net new people who, then new people imported into Marketo do not get synced over to the SFDC on their own via the native sync (unlike those created in the CRM). You need to sync people from Marketo to SFDC for the first time by implicit or explicit means (check out Implied Salesforce Actions here). So, if you don't have any operational or local campaigns that would sync new people created in Marketo, then you should be fine, and these new people would not sync over to the SFDC. If you have an operational campaign that'd potentially sync people over to the SFDC, then you can exclude these people (i.e., suppress) by including a filter (e.g., Member of List not in <list name>) in the campaign's smart list.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

@Deeps, assuming that these are net new people who, then new people imported into Marketo do not get synced over to the SFDC on their own via the native sync (unlike those created in the CRM). You need to sync people from Marketo to SFDC for the first time by implicit or explicit means (check out Implied Salesforce Actions here). So, if you don't have any operational or local campaigns that would sync new people created in Marketo, then you should be fine, and these new people would not sync over to the SFDC. If you have an operational campaign that'd potentially sync people over to the SFDC, then you can exclude these people (i.e., suppress) by including a filter (e.g., Member of List not in <list name>) in the campaign's smart list.

Deeps
Level 4

Thanks @Darshil_Shah1.

Thanks,

Deepthi.

Darshil_Shah1

You're most welcome, @Deeps! I'm super glad to be of help. 🙂