SOLVED

Re: How to capture opt-ins

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to capture opt-ins

We are trying to create a form that has people enter their email address and confirm they would like to opt into emails.  There is only an unsubscribe field in the form field (no subscribe or opt in).  Is there a way to make Rich Text a check box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, what you want to do is to create a new field or simply rename one that is already in the data base and use that as your subscribe field.  There isn;t one by default however.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, you can add a checkbox in a Rich Text area and have the submit button disabled until the opt-in is checked. This may be preferable to creating a new custom field just for this function.

SanfordWhiteman

i.e. like so: MktoForms2 :: Opt-In Client-Side

The Rich Text is simple:

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sanford.  This is exactly what I am looking for.  Is there a way to have the check box already checked? 

SanfordWhiteman

Sure:

<input type="checkbox" id="optIn" checked="checked">

Dan_Stevens_

Just keep in mind, this is usually frowned upon (to pre-check the checkbox) - and in some countries, not allowed.  The quality of your permission DB will be greater if you leave it up to the user to decide if they wish to opt-in.

SanfordWhiteman

Quite true. Having a prechecked checkbox that suggests purposeful user action ("I agree") is misleading at best and illegal a worst. I was merely saying how it would be done.

Josh_Hill13