Re: How does Marketo decide which static lists to maintain or empty when cloning a program?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How does Marketo decide which static lists to maintain or empty when cloning a program?

Hi there,

We've noticed this a few times recently; curious if there's a definitive answer from Marketo and/or others experiencing the same thing.

When cloning a program in Marketing Activities that contains one or more static lists, we've observed that some lists are maintained, while others are zeroed upon cloning. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to which ones stay and which go.

I just cloned a program today that contained five static lists and only three of five maintained their leads. The lists ranged wildly in size, from a few hundred to 13,000 at the top end.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Tara_Petre
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Re: How does Marketo decide which static lists to maintain or empty when cloning a program?

Hi Kevin, 

Whether the members of the static lists are cloned over depends on the number of leads in the list.

Tara
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tara,

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you sure that it's list size that determines it every time? If so, are you able to expand on that at all? Is there a known hard threshhold?

I'm a bit puzzled at this point. Upon testing again, only the two lists that were a couple hundred leads a piece were maintained and the others, ranging from ~1,000 to 13,000 were dropped. This would lead me to believe your statement.

However, the original clone that sparked my question produced different results. In that scenario, the large 13,000 list was maintained.
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Kevin

Static lists >1000 leads clone empty, and static lists with <1000 leads clone with leads populated.

If you are noticing inconsistent results with this, I think that's worth a call to Support.

Cheers

Veronica
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Veronica for specifying the exact cutoff point.

Kevin, that is strange that a list of 13k would clone over.  I'd consider it a bonus unless the opposite happens and lists with <1000 fails to clone intact, in which case I'd contact support.

Tara