SOLVED

How do you handle distinct form submissions from existing leads/contacts?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you handle distinct form submissions from existing leads/contacts?

I have a contact form that ppl can use to submit a request. They can submit as many requests as they want, and each one would be considered a separate submission or activity.

The form used to be in SFDC - so everytime someone submitted a request, a new lead was created. This was good bc I could easily run a report on the LEAD, and all the custom fields for that lead to see EACH request. This was bad because SFDC was creating dupe leads.

I want to move that form to Marketo now to eliminate the dupe leads. However, how do I handle distinct requests from the same people? People could potentially submit multiple a day (tho no one does that, it's more like once/week max). I also need to be able to run a SFDC report on the lead/contact with custom lead fields.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do you handle distinct form submissions from existing leads/contacts?

add a task and use progressive profiling on the form.

but it will be harder to say a lead filled out the form 10 times unless you do an activity report in SFDC.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

add a task and use progressive profiling on the form.

but it will be harder to say a lead filled out the form 10 times unless you do an activity report in SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

josh, can you expand on that? you'd put "add task" into the flow of a smart campaign?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vivian, yes you could use a "Create Task in SFDC" flow step triggered by the form fill out. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all - havent used progressive profiling yet so will look into how that works on the SFDC side. If anyone has an obvious resource, pls send!