How are you using Sales Insight?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you using Sales Insight?

We're a few months into using Marketo and are thinking of getting started with Marketo Sales Insights. I'd love to hear how other people might be using it. Sort of an open-ended topic, but I'd love to hear what interesting moments you might be tracking and how your sales team has responded to the information.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How are you using Sales Insight?

I too am curious. We are just a month into implementation; and trying to determine if it is better to wait to install and use this; or do it sooner vs. later?
Nora_Slattery3
Level 4

We are using sales insight and would recommend it to anyone who is using SalesForce too! The obvious things are the stars and flames which our whole team loves but there is so much more to it!

In our case, it is a great way to have our sales guys prioritise their leads through a really simple interface to follow and track. We have sales insight on each contact's page and a few other smart campaigns to track interesting moments.

My 3 favourite things:
  • One interesting moment which our guys love is the "has become known" one we use regularly. We've set-up a series of rules that will help us to see when someone is first registered as interacting with Marketo in a manner which would help us track them in the future - they are flagged and reviewed on a weekly basis.
  • We also use the Outlook add-in (though I wish they would support 2013 already!) and our team use that to track through sales insight any interraction with their email
  • Transperancy. We have found that specifically for our organisation, Sales Insight is the best way for non-marketo admin/regular users to follow-up on marketo activity. It really gets them to engage and even find anomolies and ask questions
Hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Nora
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Nora - Are there any specific interesting moments your team finds more valuable than others? Have you gotten rid of any?
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have numerous Interesting Moments that are based on feedback from the Sales team as to what they find helpful.
  • x downloads in x time frame
  • Opened sales email
  • Clicks link in email / sales email
  • Visits key web page
  • Requests demo / late stage content
  • Demo completed (based on Opportunity stage change.  We include this for the Marketo Opportunity Analysis)
  • Email bounces
  • Unsubscribed