SOLVED

Help with Leads that are cookied that are bypassing our custom duplication rule

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Help with Leads that are cookied that are bypassing our custom duplication rule

OK, good to hear. Probably worth a little blog post on this.

jsnow
Level 2

Re: Help with Leads that are cookied that are bypassing our custom duplication rule

Hey Sanford,

Just had an update on this. We posted the code on the new site like we talked about previously and my test did work for the previous issue we were having. However, it was brought to my attention that the marketo tracking pixel wasn't firing correctly and as a result, the web activity is not showing up for our leads in SFDC under the Marketo Sales Insight. We reached out to support and they said, "I spoke with a senior engineer about this. In this case, webpage visits will not be tracked and won't be logged because the custom script clears the mkt_trk cookie upon submission. The lead you mentioned earlier was tracking the page visits because the lead was already a Known lead on 360payments.com before the script was added."

Is there anything we can do besides removing that custom .js code you gave us to get the web activity to display again as well as do what we are needing that script to do?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sorry but I don’t understand how it could work any other way. By definition, you want the person’s existing known identity suppressed when you submit the form. That’s why you have to remove those identifying marks (tracking token + cookie). If you don’t do that, you’re back where you started.

jsnow
Level 2

Oh ok. That makes sense. We are wanting what the code does and don't want to lose that, so we will have to do without the web activity. I appreciate the reply. Happy Holidays!